- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Nature Fresh Farm brings living greenhouse to Royal Winter Fair
“We welcome the opportunity to connect face to face with consumers as often as we can,” stated Peter Quiring, President. “The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair in Toronto is a fantastic event for us to showcase our micro greenhouse operation. It gives us an opportunity, first hand, to help educate consumers about greenhouse grown produce.
The micro greenhouse is a living attraction and allows us to physically demonstrate to consumers how tomato plants are grown in a greenhouse environment, it really helps put things in perspective,” said Quiring.
Nature Fresh’s micro greenhouse is the first of its kind as it is a completely mobile unit.
With its success a year ago at the Royal and at the United Fresh Convention in June, Quiring and his team are looking forward to taking the unique agricultural attraction back to Toronto this year. The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair takes place in Toronto, November 7-16th at Exhibition Place in the Direct Energy Centre.
Highlighting the core 11 elements in the growing process, the greenhouse is equipped with live plants that are growing tomatoes, a complete irrigation & heating system, and a contained area with live bees. Nature Fresh uses bees to pollinate the plants in its greenhouses as well as ladybugs as part of the company’s Integrated Pest Management System (IPM). The company uses good bugs like ladybugs to take care of the bad bugs to reduce the need for pesticides.
The Nature Fresh™ team will be on site daily to answer consumer questions about the micro greenhouse operation & greenhouse grown produce in general. Nature Fresh™ Corporate Chef Henry Furtado ( @VeggieChefHenry ) will also be on site preparing dishes on the Food & Lifestyle Stage.
To learn more about Nature Fresh Farms and to see an interactive presentation of the micro greenhouse, visit www.naturefresh.ca
Nature Fresh Farms
T: 519 800 3694
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-25 US (CA): Revamped USC Hotel Garden provides fresh produce to campus restaurants
- 2023-09-25 "We source our produce via Fresh Park Venlo, the Düsseldorf wholesale market, and directly from local farmers"
- 2023-09-25 Industry changemakers inspire business success
- 2023-09-25 Making sustainable choices in horticulture
- 2023-09-22 US: Vertically farmed salads now available in vending machines
- 2023-09-22 USDA cites Florida company for PACA violations
- 2023-09-22 Royal Brinkman and Empas extend partnership
- 2023-09-22 "No one can compensate for the loss of fatherly advice"
- 2023-09-22 Developer of mobile data centers next to greenhouse declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-21 Pepper grower 4Evergreen seeks CO2 partner: "Not dependent on fickle market"
- 2023-09-21 Luc Vanoirbeek re-elected as Copa-Cogeca's fruit and vegetable working group chair
- 2023-09-21 AgSafe launches new suicide prevention program in support of B.C.’s agricultural community
- 2023-09-21 New film coating facility Brazil
- 2023-09-21 Bayer expands its fruits and vegetables business to strawberries
- 2023-09-20 Independent investment firm buys NatureSweet
- 2023-09-20 US (NY): BrightFarms inks agreement to distribute more indoor-grown spinach
- 2023-09-20 US (NJ): Edible Garden launches new distribution at Woodman’s Market
- 2023-09-20 France: Skincare using vertically farmed ingredients is patent-pending
- 2023-09-20 US (CO): Denver restaurant adds 280m2 farm to deliver fresh-to-table
- 2023-09-20 Open day at Van der Valk Systemen to mark 60th anniversary