- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Specialist Kwekersrecht en Merkenrecht
- Sales Manager - Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
Breeder present at Flowers & HorTech Ukraine:
Esmeralda Farms sees increasing business oppertunities in Ukraine
One of the Gypsophil farms of Esmeralda farms in Ecuador.
This year, the Flowers & HorTech Ukraine will be organized for the 9th time. Last year, the trade show was cancelled due to unrest in Ukraine. However, the financial situation and business chances are improving in Ukraine, says Guido Zwart, sales manager at Esmeralda Farms, the Netherlands. This is the main reason for Esmeralda Farms exhibiting again this year at Flowers & HorTech Ukraine.
Esmeralda Farms is a breeder and grower of 45 different floral products and has been a loyal participant of the Flowers & HorTech Ukraine from the start. The company only missed 2 trade shows over the last nine years and will also be present in the upcoming trade show.
On the left, Guido Zwart. In the middle, dhr Lukasz Zielinsky, sales manager Eastern Europe. On the right, dhr Loui Hooijman, the director.
With the intention of promoting their products, the company attended the first trade show of Flowers & HorTech Ukraine, in 2006. "An advantage of this exhibition was the possibility to show the complete assortment" says Guido Zwart. After this exhibition, Esmeralda Farms obtained a large number of new customers. Due to this large success, the company participated in Flowers & HorTech Ukraine exhibitions, when possible.
Last year, the cancellation of the Flowers & HorTech Ukraine was an indication of the situation in Ukraine. Also Esmeralda farms suffered from this. The company applied for the trade show and due to the “last minute” cancellation of the trade show they went on their own initiative to Ukraine to visit clients after Womensday and to evaluate the sales. "It was a disappointing trip" says Guido Zwart. There was more unrest than expected and no trade opportunities were found in Ukraine. Consequently, the export rates of Esmeralda Farms dropped by 80%.
This year, however, the financial situation of Ukraine is improving, says Guido Zwart. "The currency fluctuations are not that fierce anymore, it becomes more stable." Moreover, the prospects are positive, says Guido. This, combined with the former successes of the Flowers & HorTech trade shows are the reasons why Esmeralda Farms is attending this trade show again. At the show, the company's stand can be visited at number E1.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-25 Vertical farming: A sustainable future?
- 2022-01-25 Research on urban gardening (RUG) 2022 virtual field day
- 2022-01-24 Omafra webinar on Covid supports & updates for agri-food operators
- 2022-01-24 Penn State Extension hosts greenhouse growers day
- 2022-01-24 New project aims for more pest-resilient food options in Bangladesh and the Philippines
- 2022-01-21 Brassica & leafy salad conference announcement
- 2022-01-20 Demo for hydroponic lettuce varieties
- 2022-01-20 Zimtrade turns to Dubai as gateway to Middle East
- 2022-01-20 US midwest greenhouse launches contest to win salad for a year
- 2022-01-19 Growth opportunities for AgriTech between Maryland and the Netherlands
- 2022-01-18 Eagle Academy for Young Men of Harlem celebrates opening of hydroponic class
- 2022-01-18 Colorful pallet of vegetables in the spotlight
- 2022-01-18 India: Offering freshlings and to-be-launched food computers
- 2022-01-18 AquaFarm & NovelFarm postponed
- 2022-01-18 Learn about hydroponic gardening
- 2022-01-17 BE CLIMATE supports Veganuary – again
- 2022-01-17 Upcoming Webinar – Priva's BioLogics for Plant Growth
- 2022-01-13 HortEx Vietnam rescheduled to 1 – 3 March 2023
- 2022-01-12 World Expo 2020 Dubai highlights Dutch horticulture technique
- 2022-01-12 Jonathan Webb, Founder & CEO, AppHarvest to join Indoor AgCon's speakers list