Top 5 -yesterday
- "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"
- Dutch Berries: 20 hectares of high-tech strawberry cultivation
- How to shift from optimal growth with LEDs to optimal energy usage
- Adjusting irrigation water: bicarbonates vs. pH
- Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
Top 5 -last month
Filpack now distributing smart Paskal System in France:
French growers to start trials with Growth Analysis System
The main objective of the Paskal Growth Analysis system is to optimize crop management for maximum profit. Precise and accurate crop weights are recorded and the data is transferred to the data processing system on a continuous basis. “Even though we have been working with Paskal for 20 years, I must say this system is exceptional and really smart, it was quite a surprise and something that really fits our portfolio as well, since it can be a real help for growers to achieve better productions”, Augenie said.
Besides consulting the growers about the new GAS, Filpack will also cover the installation of the Growth Analysis System; this would be done by the technicians of the company. Augenie has high hopes about the systems. “We cannot predict the acceptance of the system yet, but I really think that more innovative growers would give it a try.”
Filpack's Philippe Augenie with the Growth Analysis System.
Augenie mentioned that they only start the distribution with 10 growers in the first year, so they can fine-tune the product for the future buyers. “At the moment we are not making a big publicity for this product. We prefer staying silent and making it perfect as fast as possible.”
According to Augenie, the French greenhouse industry is developing moderately at the moment. “There are quite a few investments, but not very big ones. However, some growers are really innovative and like staying informed and state-of-the-art. This is why new products like the Growth Analysis System have a future in France as well.”
“We are very much aware of the fact that growers wish to mitigate the risk in their production and get back their investment fast. This is why we aim to work together with the most competitive suppliers and make the best offer on the market” concluded Augenie. “In order to support and allow growers to experiment with innovations, Fipack will offer a unique rental system. “We will offer a new, competitive product coupled with payment facilitation the growers need to pay only at the end of the year if they agree with the system. Almost like no cure- no pay.”
For more information on Paskal's product in France, please contact:
For more information on Paskal Systems in general, please contact:
T +972 4 957 5877
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- 2022-08-09 "Drought will affect economy, not food supply"
- 2022-08-09 Uganda: Soilless farming highlights Kabale Farm Clinic
- 2022-08-09 Regulation of fleshy fruit ripening: From transcription factors to epigenetic modifications
- 2022-08-09 Mapping fruit characteristics faster with vision and AI
- 2022-08-08 Growing fruits and vegetables on the roof of the MIN in Toulouse
- 2022-08-08 Covered cultivation extends soft fruit season
- 2022-08-08 Pink and White strawberries soon to hit Aussie market
- 2022-08-08 "Fulvic acid encourages optimal growth in all plant phases"
- 2022-07-22 US (VA): Inside the Goochland greenhouse trying to create the freshest lettuce in town
- 2022-07-22 Powering plant growth with solar instead of photosynthesis more efficient?
- 2022-07-21 Prediction of strawberry fruit yield based on cultivar-specific growth models
- 2022-07-21 Crop change in Southern Europe greenhouses
- 2022-07-20 Take a look in the RIPE facility
- 2022-07-20 Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
- 2022-07-19 SpaceX Dragon docks with ISS carrying research and fresh vegetables
- 2022-07-19 A satellite view of Almeria's sea of greenhouses
- 2022-07-18 New sprayer for strawberries and low-growing crops
- 2022-07-18 Texan urban farms donates one million servings
- 2022-07-18 Asia’s new agricultural revolution: Planting a high-tech future