- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- 12 horticultural robots to keep an eye out for
- O’Hanlon Fresh Herbs improves crop production with innovative rolling gutter system
- Autonomous UV-C robotic technology coming to market for powdery mildew control in greenhouses
- "With the right tools, the grower can control more and larger greenhouses simultaneously"
- HS Evolution Pot increases strawberry cultivation in customised substrate
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Autonomous robots can pick up to 25,000 raspberries per day
- 32 acres of high-wire greenhouse available for lease in Tehachapi, CA
US: Butterfly release celebration rewards best practices
Anticipation for this unique event was high. The butterflies were kept cool until the release - This way people got to enjoy them for a while as they woke up before taking flight…
“The activity of releasing Monarchs together was amazing as it became an emotional connection to everyone present, not just those holding the butterflies. Sharing this experience gave our retailers a glimpse of what a release such as this could be like for their employees, customers and community,” said Danny Summers, The Garden Center Group’s Managing Director.
There is an increased awareness of pollinators among consumers, which makes this an especially good time to show concern for them and tie this in with Independent Garden Centers, plants, organic, and the local community.
This butterfly release celebration was also in recognition of Altum’s Garden Center receiving the Organic Plant Magic Best Practices Award for high achievement in taking ‘the 85% challenge!’ and sales of Organic Plant Magic All Purpose Organic Plant Food Alive with Beneficial MicroOrganisms®.
“We will provide butterflies to Altum's to host a Butterfly Release Celebration in their community next Spring,” says Kerry Richardson, Managing Member, Organic Plant Magic.
Dana Altum is very excited about the butterflies and the product, "We decided to start using Organic Plant Magic in all our landscape installations too."
"Our commitment to helping people, plants and the environment is what lead us to create Organic Plant Magic. In our estimation from speaking with Independent Garden Center Owners, only 15% of Customers are buying fertilizer when they buy plants,” says Kevin John Richardson, Managing Member, Organic Plant Magic. "The 85% challenge! is about Independent Garden Centers and Organic Plant Magic partnering together to turn this around so that 85% of customers buy Organic Plant Magic when they buy plants. We are focused on Independent Garden Centers making the real profit they need and customers succeeding, having a great experience and coming back to the Garden Center for more fun! Do you feel the opportunity here?”
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-24 "With the right tools, the grower can control more and larger greenhouses simultaneously"
- 2022-05-23 GrowON 2022 webinar series: alternative ways of heating greenhouses
- 2022-05-23 "Azerbaijan has great potential for vegetable exports"
- 2022-05-23 Shouguang Vegetable Expo: planting vegetables in "Space"
- 2022-05-20 Webinar: India’s vegetables can be wealth generators
- 2022-05-19 Horticulture exhibition fair took place in west Ukraine
- 2022-05-17 Photo report HortiContact: Catching up in over 300 photos
- 2022-05-13 Protected Cropping Australia Conference a success despite heavy rains
- 2022-05-13 US: Horticulture lighting and learning event
- 2022-05-13 Indian delegation visits Volcani Institute of Israeli Ministry of Agriculture
- 2022-05-12 Difficult times bring new challenges to Dutch growers
- 2022-05-12 Hort Science Live to return in July
- 2022-05-12 Hort Connections 2022: Growing Together
- 2022-05-10 The fruit and vegetable sector restarts with in-person meetings
- 2022-05-10 Macfrut 2022: opinions and reflections expressed by some of the participants
- 2022-05-09 International events bring the Plant Empowerment principles to growers around the world
- 2022-05-05 Caspian Agro and InterFood Azerbaijan open their doors on May 18
- 2022-05-05 University of Florida 2022 Greenhouse Training Online courses
- 2022-05-05 "The Future of Farming and Food Processing – AI in Food- and Farm Automation"
- 2022-05-03 AMHPAC will hold its XIV annual convention