Top 5 -yesterday
- "A generational change is going on in Italy's horti sector"
- Schartner's mall-size greenhouse in Exeter still on hold after judge's ruling
- Strawberry picking robots aim to save California growers
- Monitoring thrips with image technology unique, benificial insects soon to be counted digitally
- Brazil: $1 mln investment in wasabi greenhouse production
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
- "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"
Top 5 -last month
Oct. 28 2014, Pontecagnano, Italy:
Jiffy participates in sub-irrigation in gutters meeting
The Ofralser project is funded by the Italian Ministries of Research and Economic Development and implemented by the CRA (Council of Research and experimentation in Agriculture) Horticultural Center of Research based in Pontecagnano (SA).
Speaking on behalf of Jiffy will be Arjan Van Leest (Hydroponic Product Manager), on the subject of 'Soilless/hydroponic cultivation on coir in the world', Donato Lucia will be presenting a broad perspective on Jiffy's presence in Italy.
The meeting's goal is to disseminate the results of 3 years of research using Jiffy coir as substrate. Invitees are primarily interested growers, researchers and agricultural extension workers. This isn't primary research, the aim is to apply the research results practically. All papers/research presented will be distributed throughout the web and a blog aimed at a community of practical implementations of the results is also planned.
The afternoon will include a visit to a production facility to see an example of the practical implementation of the results in a commercial farm. At this farm they are using around 500 Jiffy growbags and a dozen 'Easyfill bags' . The Jiffy Growbags were donated by Jiffy to assist this 40 hectare farm making the change from soil grown to ‘out of the soil’ cultivation.
Click here to view the schedule of the meeting on the 28th of October (PDF).
For more information:
Jiffy Products International BV
T: +31 168 41 35 55
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-15 IFPA Southern Africa Conference to continue where PMA's Fresh Connections left off
- 2022-08-11 University of Florida greenhouse training online courses
- 2022-08-10 Deep diving into the metabolics of aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Seed meets Technology in the starting blocks for the eighth time
- 2022-08-10 14th annual AMHPAC convention, a chance to firm up pending business
- 2022-08-09 Introducing the CEA Summit East
- 2022-08-09 GLOBALG.A.P. explores key industry trends at Sustainable Foods Summit
- 2022-08-09 Foodservice conference 2022: the buyers’ perspectives
- 2022-08-09 "The scientific and commercial strawberry worlds will converge in Belgium"
- 2022-08-08 2022 China Seed Congress and Nanfan Agricultural Silicon Valley forum held in Hainan
- 2022-08-08 Horti light event to discover the latest science of grow lights
- 2022-07-22 Horticulture lighting and learning event: discover the latest science
- 2022-07-22 Photo report: Cultivate 2022
- 2022-07-21 International students visit JD hydroponic plant factory
- 2022-07-21 A Portuguese technology and AI startup for berries and greenhouses wins the Green Disruption Summit 2022
- 2022-07-20 "Hungarian tomato industry has strongly transformed and improved"
- 2022-07-20 Cultivate’22 is a wrap
- 2022-07-19 Final hours of Cultivate get going
- 2022-07-18 Organic Produce Summit saw record attendance
- 2022-07-18 Busy start at Cultivate’22