Last week’s international cut flower trade fair AGRIFLOR closed its doors with having achieved the biggest success in its history in almost 25 years. Over 200 exhibiting companies and more than 3000 visiting buyers participated in this 3 day event and boosted the trade of fresh cut flowers to an all time high. The fair was bigger, better and more complete in a number of exhibiting growers.
Most international visitors came from the USA, Europe and South America. South America is becoming more and more an important player in the world trade of cut flowers. The Russians were present in a lesser number, as a direct result of the flower exhibition that was held in Moscow only 2 weeks ago. The overall opinion of both exhibitors and visitors was one of great satisfaction about the set up, attendance and business atmosphere of AGRIFLOR.
The various quality competitions resulted in the following positions of the different participants:
- Platinum for the Best Stand Design went to Logistik Alliance, Gold was there for Gardaexport, Silver for Qualisa Services and Bronze for Meilland International.
- In the competition for Best Rose Grower the Platinum price went to Ecoroses with the variety Lemonade, Gold was there for Rosaprima with Black Pearl, Silver for Altaflor with Paloma and Bronze for Rose Connection with Wild Tapaz.
- In the category Best Cut Flower Grower Platinum went to Groflowers with the Hydrangea Premium XL White, Gold was also for Groflowers with the Hydrangea Blue Lace, Silver was there for E.Q.R. Ecuatoroses with Callas Estandar Alkatraz and Bronze for Kolster with Eryngium Magical Lagoon.
- In the competition for Best Rose Breeder D.R. Ecuador Roses won Platinum with the variety Grey Knights. NIRP Ecuador earned Gold with the variety 3D, Silver was there for Hilsea Investments with ESM R186 and finally Bronze was won by Olij Ecuador with Boulevard.
- In the category Best Cut Flower Breeder Hilsea Investments earned three prices, Platinum, Gold and Silver with respectively the Alstroemerias Symphony Bonita, Symphony Lilac Kiss and Symphony Dream Line. An all time record of three prices in one quality competition by one company. Finally Könst Alstroemeria walked away with Bronze for Charisma.