- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- 12 horticultural robots to keep an eye out for
- O’Hanlon Fresh Herbs improves crop production with innovative rolling gutter system
- Autonomous UV-C robotic technology coming to market for powdery mildew control in greenhouses
- "With the right tools, the grower can control more and larger greenhouses simultaneously"
- HS Evolution Pot increases strawberry cultivation in customised substrate
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Autonomous robots can pick up to 25,000 raspberries per day
- 32 acres of high-wire greenhouse available for lease in Tehachapi, CA
Israel: Adama invests in advanced agricultural education
Located in an urban farm in Ashdod, Israel, this is the first greenhouse of its kind in the country. With state-of-the-art agricultural technological equipment, the greenhouse is designed to expose students to the innovative, technological aspects of agriculture, with the aim of encouraging them to continue on to higher agricultural studies, and in so doing to contribute to solving issues of global food scarcity.
Students visiting the greenhouse will be introduced to the world of agriculture through a unique interactive experience, designed to foster their research and thinking skills, while encouraging their interest in agriculture. They will be able to engage in a range of scientific experiments, growing plants under multiple conditions, varying parameters such as temperature, light intensity and soil type. The research results will be automatically displayed in a computerized classroom, so the students can analyse and draw their conclusions.
"As part of our company's social responsibility, we invest in projects that promote education, with a specific focus on areas connected to our core business activities - the intersection of science, especially chemistry and biology, and agriculture," said Chen Lichtenstein, Adama's President and CEO. "This project makes scientific agriculture accessible to students, and provides a unique educational opportunity to become familiar with the field of agriculture and its important contribution to everyday life and future food security for the world."
The scientific greenhouse in Ashdod is part of Adama's flagship community engagement project, called "Spreading the Seeds of Science." Within the framework of the project, the Company will be establishing scientific research greenhouses in urban farms in Lod, Beersheba and Ashdod, three urban hubs where Adama has its main facilities in Israel. The greenhouses are being established in conjunction with local authorities and the Ministry of Education.
At the opening event held this week, attendees included the Mayor of Ashdod, Dr. Yechiel Lasry, representatives of the Ashdod Municipality, the Foundation of Ashdod, the Ministry of Education and Adama's CEO, Chen Lichtenstein along with many Adama colleagues.
For more information:
ADAMA Agricultural Solutions Ltd.
Anna Wood, Global Public Relations Manager
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-24 "We are ready to share our experiences in tackling freshness quality issues after logistics uncertainties"
- 2022-05-24 Indonesia: PLN grants financial aid to hydroponic cultivation group in Biak
- 2022-05-24 Alan Down appointed as HTA Vice-President
- 2022-05-24 Banana tissue culture production expanded in the Philippines
- 2022-05-24 Growcentia celebrates grand opening of new Colorado HQ in Loveland's Centerra area
- 2022-05-24 Iron Ox' fresh produce expanding across Southwest
- 2022-05-23 Red Sun Farms named Windsor Essex Large Company of the Year
- 2022-05-23 US (CO): "We look forward to expanding our nature-based growing solutions"
- 2022-05-23 Georgian Ma gemme expands greenhouse strawberry production
- 2022-05-23 24/7 virtual scouts equipped with computer vision to identify pathogens and pests
- 2022-05-23 "Gas prices are high, so we’ve halted part of our production"
- 2022-05-23 US: Farming in the heartland at Hilltop Greenhouse
- 2022-05-23 Kenya: Moi airport upgrade increases fresh produce exports
- 2022-05-23 "It is very frustrating as we have the land, we have the water, we have the sun but no labor"
- 2022-05-23 "The war in Ukraine is adding to a general consumer restraint"
- 2022-05-20 "By doubling our capacity, we can respond to market developments with agility and at short notice"
- 2022-05-20 "We are in 'growth mode,' but not at any cost"
- 2022-05-20 UConn supports Connecticut’s greenhouse industry
- 2022-05-20 Coating with a helicopter
- 2022-05-20 Romanian Grup Serban Holding invests €3 million in vegetable packaging plant