- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Managing Crop Pests and Diseases in a Changing Environment (Monday 22nd September 2014)
UK: LEAF, KTN and Syngenta host one day workshop
Reducing crop losses resulting from pests and diseases is becoming ever more important as the need for global food production continues to rise. Here in the UK, farmers and horticultural growers are facing highly challenging times due to pressures being brought to bear by an environment subject to technological, societal, regulatory, economic and climate change.
With confirmed speakers including, Professor Peter Gregory Director of East Malling Research, Ed Moorhouse from G’s Growers, Rob Cannings from Exosect Ltd, and Andy Shaw from the Satellite Applications Catapult, the day will provide a mix of speakers, thought provoking discussion and lively debate.
The workshop takes place from 10.30am to 4pm on Monday 22nd September at the Jealott’s Hill International Research Centre, Bracknell, Berkshire.
For more information please contact Justine Hards, LEAF tel: 024 76413911
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 Beneficial insects are exposed to insecticides through honeydew
- 2022-06-28 Spray boom full of traps to catch pests
- 2022-06-28 Biosecurity advice: Blueberry rust Western Australia
- 2022-06-24 CABY virus resurfaces in cucumber greenhouse: "Sometimes there was hardly any aphid to be found in the crop"
- 2022-06-24 New ToBRFV-resistant varieties presented for Mexico
- 2022-06-24 How can the seed sector contribute to the sustainable use of pesticides?
- 2022-06-22 Controlling Cercospora leaf spot in beet in 2022
- 2022-06-21 Vegetables tainted with ToBRFV were imported to Russia
- 2022-06-21 Cucurbit powdery mildew control in 2022
- 2022-06-20 ZeroTol 2.0 helps reduce resistance in IPM programs
- 2022-06-20 IntraLight launches next-gen pesticide, protecting crops without chemicals
- 2022-06-17 South Africa plays a critical role in the continent's crop protection industry
- 2022-06-17 US: APHIS seeks public comment on proposed changes for revising pest regulation lists
- 2022-06-17 South Africa plays critical role in continent’s crop protection sector
- 2022-06-17 Tradecorp launches new biostimulant worldwide
- 2022-06-14 "Cleaning machine reduces need for expensive algae control chemicals"
- 2022-06-14 Organifarms and Biobest win GreenTech Innovation Awards 2022
- 2022-06-08 Prevention of algae formation with Intra Hydropure
- 2022-06-08 Nano-sensor detects pesticides on fruit in minutes
- 2022-06-06 Latest developments in high-tech strawberry IPM