- Sales & Product representative Pot & Garden USA
- Supervisor International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Director Of Growing - Carleton (MI) USA
- Greenhouse Manager - Cleburne (TX) USA
- Growing Manager young vegetable plants
- Sales Agents / Representatives - Germany
- Lead Grower California USA
- Produce Construction Manager - USA
- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
- Medewerker productmanagement support - Bleiswijk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- First semi-closed greenhouse completed in Shanghai in late October
- From war zone to award-winning coconut coir factory
- "I used to sell millions of heads of lettuce a year; not anymore"
- The coupling of nanotechnology and luminescent films to optimize greenhouse light quality
- Water droplets smaller than a human hair
Top 5 -last month
- Using LED grow lights and less irrigation makes stronger plants
- "Deep Water Culture continues to give encouraging results"
- "Vertical farming won’t replace all greenhouse production, but it’s more a combination of all of them"
- Lettuce in a hydroponic system: 100% organic nutrients
- "Vertical farming is not the answer for all of humanity's woes"
The Ellepot System makes its entry in the Middle East:
Middle East youngplant propagators enthousiast about Ellepot system
The nursery managers and the agent could easily see that there was something about this, for them, new paperpot plug system and it became more and more obvious that this system offers a whole range of benefits for the nurseries in Jordan. The nurseries where running a 1:1 test in order to monitor the difference and it became clear, that they would optimize the propagation time with 6 days for cucumber and 16 for tomatoes.
Furthermore, after the plant out done with no transplant shock, they also discovered the huge difference in number of nodes on the cucumber plant. There were 6 nodes on their own cucumber plant and with The Ellepot system 15 nodes which eventually will lead to a higher yield. Still on the 1:1 test the distance to the first node was only 15 cm and 20 cm on the local system (read loose-filled trays).
By digging out the cucumber plant from within the tunnel it also showed that the Ellepot propagation paper was protecting the roots against soil-borne diseases like fusarium, compared to the other plants in the same tunnel done with the local propagation method.
Export manager Jan Pedersen says: “We have seen many similar results like this, so I was pleased to see this result in the Middle East as well. Now we will open up this region for vegetables, flowers, fruits and nuts”.
For more information:
T: +45 20 49 43 27
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-10-20 Generation Farms prepares for future growth
- 2020-10-20 US: McCoy joins BioTherm sales team
- 2020-10-20 Rovensa to acquire Oro Agri
- 2020-10-20 UK: Matt Kettlewell joins Syngenta
- 2020-10-19 Asparagus grower must pay $50,000 in owed wages to workers
- 2020-10-19 "Automation grows in South East Asia"
- 2020-10-19 Research at the interface of seed development, epigenetics and evolution
- 2020-10-19 Leamington greenhouse fined $120K following electrocution death
- 2020-10-19 PMA’s Nancy Tucker announced retirement at Fresh Summit Global Reception
- 2020-10-19 Netherlands: Cooperation DOOR continues as Growers United
- 2020-10-19 “We look forward to the future, amid the current uncertainty”
- 2020-10-16 Sunset Rocks™ raises over $200,000 for Brighter Bites®
- 2020-10-15 Closer cooperation HerkuPlast and Hortus Supplies International
- 2020-10-15 UK: Specialist in Priva climate management systems joins growing southern team at CambridgeHOK
- 2020-10-15 India: Aquaponics unit gets off the ground in Ludhiana vet varsity
- 2020-10-15 Americold Realty Trust acquires Agro Merchants Group for $1.740 billion
- 2020-10-14 "By providing year-round supply, we want to establish ourselves even stronger as a reliable trade partner"
- 2020-10-14 Rolls-Royce expands Power Systems business unit
- 2020-10-14 New Zealand: Powerplants announces new partnership with Advanced Hort
- 2020-10-14 USDA clarifies that firm is able to operate in the produce industry