- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
MPS intensifies cooperation with Veiling Holambra Brasil
“Veiling Holambra is growing at a firm rate. At this moment we have 350 members. Within this growth thinking about how to put sustainability on the map is a good fit”, says CEO van Kruijssen. “Not only that but also because here in Brasil several retailers already have attention for the aspect of sustainable products within their assortment.”
Theo de Groot from MPS: “In the first place it totally fits our ambition to integrate sustainability globally in the floriculture and in the total supply chain after that. Besides this we already have 16 certified participants for MPS ABC in Brasil and today we are celebrating the addition of 2 new participants. Brasil for us is a growth market and a focus for the upcoming years.
The Brazilian delegation visited MPS in Honselersdijk: Standing from left to right: Remco Jansen (MPS/manager Retail), Harold Beek, (MPS/manager R&D), Patricia Fabiano Bechelli en Bruna Pires da Rocha en André van Kruijssen (flower auction Holambra). Sitting from left to right: Theo de Groot (MPS/director) Adriano van Rooyen and Geraldo Barendse (growers)
MPS’ Brasil office from where Arthij van der Veer (General International Coordinator Latin America) and Thiago Mena (Regional Coordinator) cooperate with Veiling Holambra on the implementation of the sustainable practices at their members. Both comment that the co-operation with the Veiling has given a big push to the interest of growers in the MPS ABC-certification.
The participation of the growers Geraldo Barendse and Adriano van Rooyen, both board members at Veiling Holambra, is another big step forward. Geraldo Barendse produces anthurium, violins, ixora and pot lilies on 3 locations in the Holambra area while Adriano van Rooyen is a producer of cut roses in the Holambra region.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-24 Production of Dutch company's new site's screen cloth begins
- 2022-01-24 Dutch horticulture protests to draw attention to energy crisis
- 2022-01-21 Business trends in China's agri-horticultural sector in the coming years
- 2022-01-21 US (NC): Allison Ballantyne appointed new assistant manager with environmental horticulture program
- 2022-01-21 Snow load damages greenhouse roof in Louis Creek Industrial Park
- 2022-01-21 Rise in differing cargo theft types driven by conditions at congested US ports
- 2022-01-21 "Lead times for material procurement have become significantly longer"
- 2022-01-21 Gruppo Libretti converts 20 hectares to organic cultivation techniques
- 2022-01-20 Fruit and vegetable shortages to worsen as trucker shortages increase
- 2022-01-20 Sakata Seed America welcomes senior biotechnology manager
- 2022-01-20 Bruno Cheval appointed as new CEO of CleanGreens
- 2022-01-20 US (AZ): Agtech to take part in $25 million high-tech farming project
- 2022-01-20 "We are attracting a lot of interest from abroad"
- 2022-01-20 Eco-kultura to invest 200 million in greenhouses in Voronezh region
- 2022-01-19 CEA Advisors teams up with Parus-Europe for crop specific Strawberry Growtainers
- 2022-01-19 CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- 2022-01-19 Machine rental option provides greater flexibility
- 2022-01-19 France: Joint R&D project to develop innovative beauty products
- 2022-01-19 Dutch online supermarket now offers vertically farmed greens
- 2022-01-19 "The demand for blackberries and in particular organic berries is certainly growing"