- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Sunset Flavormobile educating newbies and foodies about signature line
Sunset’s goal is to expose consumers to the different brands of tomatoes in their product line, so they came up with the Sunset Flavor Tour. The Flavormobile, Sunset’s customized food truck, is scheduled to stop at different events and retailers throughout the country. The tour has already been to Boston, Detroit, Ann Arbor, Columbus, Cleveland and New York City.
One of the stops, The Boston GreenFest, was a very unique experience, according to Daniela Ferro of Sunset. “The Boston GreenFest is a weekend festival that educates attendees on greener alternatives to everything from food to clothing to renewable energy. Our Flavor Crew had a great experience sharing our greenhouse story and teaching people about Sunset’s Green Grass Project™ and how we contribute to a greener environment.”
The feedback from people at store locations has been fantastic. “Many customers will walk out of the store and show us how many tomatoes they bought because of the sample we gave them, which is very rewarding.” The food truck includes Sunset's line of gourmet greenhouse produce, including Campari, Kumato Y.E.L.O. and Zima tomatoes, to name a few. The gourmet samples include a tomato watermelon salad, pizza topped with tomatoes and peppers, oven roasted tomatoes, and more.
“People have been very excited to share new recipes and experiences and try new flavors,” said Ferro. “So many people are still intrigued by our Kumato™ tomatoes because of their unique colour, and absolutely fall in love with the flavor. Our Flavor Crew has also encountered people who claimed they didn’t eat tomatoes, tried a sample, and loved it. So this has been an amazing opportunity to introduce people to the Sunset brand.” The Flavor Tour has also educated people about the sustainable manner in which Sunset grows their produce.
“We have been educating consumers and retailer associates on what it means to be greenhouse grown,” said Ferro. “Telling our story and sharing our Green Grass Project™ has been very beneficial as it gives people more insight into our passion and more of a connection with Sunset.”
While consumers will be able to sample Sunset's line of tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers, they can also sign up for a chance to win a trip for two to Napa Valley that includes wine tours, cooking classes and sightseeing.
To learn more about the tour and to check out the next stops visit www.flavor-tour.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Increased plant health and vitality with 44% lab cost reduction
- 2022-12-02 Israeli company developing USD $15M hydroponic project in Guyana
- 2022-12-02 CEO of Betagro PLC is a Guest of Honour at Thailand - LNV Reception 2022
- 2022-12-02 Sanne Kruikemeier and Ingrid de Zwarte receive Early Career Award
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-02 Ab van Marrewijk hands over Tomatoworld greenhouse to Nico Ammerlaan
- 2022-12-02 The Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-02 Teachers appointed ‘grow smart, eat smart’ ambassadors in Jamaica
- 2022-12-02 Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes with a ‘wow’ factor thanks to a finely tuned irrigation strategy
- 2022-12-01 Planet Farms to build 15.000m2 farm plus appoints new CEO and President for Italy
- 2022-12-01 Revol Greens partners with Blue Radix to add autonomous growing to US greenhouses
- 2022-12-01 Biotalys establishes scientific advisory committee
- 2022-12-01 Edible Garden to display expanding product lines at 2022 New York Produce Show
- 2022-12-01 The industry responds to Infarm news
- 2022-12-01 "Spanish products are under pressure"
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes: large supply in the face of low demand
- 2022-12-01 Labor requirements in indoor agriculture
- 2022-12-01 High demand for Egyptian strawberry plants
- 2022-12-01 Dutch tomato grower expands into strawberry cultivation