- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Canada: Medican moves toward closing purchase of 51% of International Herbs Medical Marijuana Ltd.
IHMML is a Canadian company that has applied for a commercial medical marijuana license under the recently established Canadian Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR). The MMPR came into effect on April 1, 2014 and is a federal program that legalizes the commercial production of medical marijuana for medical use. IHMML is currently owned by Zenabis Limited Partnership, a Canadian partnership owned by affiliates of International Herbs Ltd. (IHL), a leader in the production of fresh herbs and speciality produce in Canada, and The Monark Group (Monark). The IHL and Monark teams are integral to establishing IHMML’s contemplated business, namely, to acquire certain lands, retrofit and/or build a marijuana growing operation and engage in the growing, research and development, training, distribution and retail sale of medical marijuana in Canada as regulated by Health Canada.
Medican continues to work with Ellenoff Grossman & Schole LLP (New York based securities law firm) to consummate the relevant agreements with the Zenabis Limited Partnership and IHMML. We anticipate that the completion of the Master Structuring Agreement will be consummated by September 30, 2014.
“We continue to move toward closing our transaction with IHMML. Given the cross-border nature of the transaction, legal, corporate governance and various tax issues required the use of various professionals,” said Ken Williams, Medican’s CEO. “We look forward to finalizing this transaction in an expeditious manner and are excited about the market opportunity in Canada.”
For more information
Medican Enterprises Inc.
Ken Williams, CEO
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 SmartWash Boost pretreatment eliminates 99.5% of pathogens before produce reaches wash lines
- 2022-07-01 HDG Survey Group: Six companies that can handle fruit and vegetable businesses' quality management, globally
- 2022-07-01 "We're central to handling everything for our clients in far-off destinations"
- 2022-07-01 New recruitment agency Your Link kicks off
- 2022-07-01 Ecoation to partner with Mexican University
- 2022-07-01 88.7% of Italian families purchased tomatoes over the past 12 months
- 2022-06-30 From Master to Prestige: a more responsive approach
- 2022-06-30 UAE agritech startup raises $180 million for Asia expansion
- 2022-06-30 UK: Infarm starts operating vertical farming facility in Bedford
- 2022-06-30 Coöperatie Hoogstraten receives traders on its Taste Days Soft Fruit
- 2022-06-30 New cardboard packaging for The Greenery's soft fruit and fruit-vegetables
- 2022-06-30 Instar Asset Management partners with indoor mushroom grower
- 2022-06-30 Agro Care celebrates with grand anniversary party
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 The Horticultural Innovation Center of the National Agricultural Science and Technology Park is open
- 2022-06-30 NL: Jan Willem de Vries appointed as Officer in the Order of Orange-Nassau
- 2022-06-30 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-30 Shelf life, eating qualities, and more factor into new vegetable varieties
- 2022-06-30 These are hard times for any player in the fresh chain
- 2022-06-30 US (NJ): Historic facility turned into vertical farm, farm store, restaurant, teaching kitchen, and more