- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Coal and pink tomatoes: the challenges for Polish growers
- Healthy seeds, and good germination with Plasma Activated Water seed treatment
- J. Huete International builds high-tech greenhouse for seed research in South America
- NZ: Return of the watermelon
- Tropicalia Greenhouse in Northern France blends perfectly with surroundings
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Netherlands: New tomato varieties presented at the open Day of Rijk Zwaan
In the demo greenhouse, more than 80 species are tested and compared with each other under field conditions. Demo manager Leo van Meurs runs the 9,000 m2 sized company. The selection includes the segments beef, vine, loose, cherry, inbetweentype, plum, and speciality tomatoes and root stocks.
A new trend in our food comes from Asia; the pink cocktail tomato. According to Maarten van der Leeden from Rijk Zwaan, the product can only be put on the market if there is a optimal cooperation within the chain. The species that we use for the Silky Pink is 72-175 RZ. "It has a soft bite and it does not have a sour taste."
The Papeletto RZ fits the Cubellu-concept. Cubelli is a collective term for Rijk Zwaan's chequered tomatoes. According to Marcel Barten, "this tomato is fleshy and angular. Therefore, it can be easily filled and it keeps standing. It has an authentic shape".
72-720 RZ belongs to the internal Red-tomatoes of Rijk Zwaan. This tomato is darker red on the inside. Therefore, the tomatoes look more attractive for the consumers. The production of 72-720 RZ is almost similar to the production of the Cappricia.
Vacetto RZ is a chequered vine tomato. It maintains its beautiful, ribbed shape throughout the season. "It is a very reliable tomato; it does not tear and it does not fall of the vine. It is a nice tomato to grow and it tastes aromatic and sweet" explains Marcel Barten.
Pionento RZ is a loose tomato. The taste is comparable with Arvento RZ, but the crop is a bit longer.
Tiarino RZ is a sweet vine prum tomato. "The Tiarino RZ has a smooth vine throughout the year. It is an excellent tomato to grow the whole year round.
Marcel Barten and Maarten van der Leeden
For more information:
Burgemeester Crezéelaan 40
PO Box 40
2678 ZG De Lier
T: +31 0653 – 298 994
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 Angello Solarelli marketed as a healthy snack
- 2022-11-30 UbiQD launches two new greenhouse film products
- 2022-11-30 CAN (ALB): Greenhouse moving to new owner, but land still for sale
- 2022-11-30 Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
- 2022-11-30 "We are now in a position to supply German goods for the early Easter business"
- 2022-11-30 Seaweed grower seeks greenhouse: "The hardest part is already on board"
- 2022-11-30 Jamaica: Youth for Excellence to Host Symposia in Grants Pen and Rose Town
- 2022-11-30 Nouryon announces stake in AGEYE technologies
- 2022-11-30 Midstream Lighting completes acquisition of Hyperion Grow
- 2022-11-30 France: dynamic demand for dried herb bouquets
- 2022-11-29 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-29 Romanian company Microgreens believes in 'micro greenhouses'
- 2022-11-29 J. Huete International builds high-tech greenhouse for seed research in South America
- 2022-11-29 AI-enabled farming to reach 500,000 smallholder farmers in Asia
- 2022-11-29 Dutch geothermal project gets new buyer
- 2022-11-29 Delphy Japan opens new office
- 2022-11-29 NZ: Return of the watermelon
- 2022-11-29 Canada: Lethbridge College researchers to give tour of Brooks greenhouse facility
- 2022-11-29 AUSVEG welcomes new Directors as Victorian vegetable grower Bill Bulmer re-elected as Chair
- 2022-11-29 "Almost no Hoogstraten strawberries until March; after that, there may be a surplus"