- Grower Manager Fresh Produce
- Senior Commercial Manager (Sales and Procurement)
- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Mexico: Rising Farms boosts capacity fivefold
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- Conventional and organic: greenhouse grower does it all
US student wins Markham - Colegrave scholarship to Belgium
The Scholarship, worth $4,500, was presented as a joint award from the David Colegrave Foundation (DCF), UK and the American Floral Endowment (AFE), US. Victoria will be completing an International Master’s of Horticultural Science at the University of Bologna, Italy, and would then like to earn a doctoral degree focused on plant genetics. This summer, she will intern at Deroose Plants in Belgium for three months. “I have always set large goals for myself, but I have never so badly wanted anything as to become a key person in the floriculture and horticulture industry,” she said.
The DCF and AFE combine their services to support the development of the ornamental horticulture and floriculture industry through scholarships. There is an annual exchange programme between the UK and US/Canada, alternating between the two countries and once a year a current or recent horticultural student is awarded the opportunity to organise an international work placement in a horticultural business. The next opportunity for UK students to apply for this scholarship is Sep 2015 for travel in the summer of 2016.
More scholarships from the DCF will be available in September 2014 when the next Scholarship Season opens.
For more details on all of the opportunities available go to http://www.davidcolegravefoundation.org.uk / and click on scholarships.
For more information
The David Colegrave Foundation
T: 0118 930 3132
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-07 Sant'Orsola presents zero residue blueberries and raspberries
- 2023-02-07 "We are seeing a high demand for robots right now"
- 2023-02-07 New appointments at RedSea Farm
- 2023-02-07 Enza Zaden appoints Andreas Sewing as CSO
- 2023-02-07 Strong earthquake leads to logistical complications in Turkey
- 2023-02-07 Beneficial Insectary acquires Sierra Biological
- 2023-02-06 AU: Costa supports Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation
- 2023-02-06 Greenhouses, nurseries, and flower producers report top Ontario farm income
- 2023-02-06 TK-Topboiler and Boeters Ketel Constructie join forces
- 2023-02-06 Berry specialist signs partnership for vertical farm
- 2023-02-03 CAN (QC): Rigaud-based ecological farm adopts dynamic LED solution
- 2023-02-03 Vidre+ works to extend the shelf-life of tomatoes
- 2023-02-03 Tom van der Meer turns 50
- 2023-02-03 "This partnership will simplify water management for the CEA industry"
- 2023-02-03 Proseal marks a 25-year milestone
- 2023-02-03 A cherry tomato that tastes like summer even in winter
- 2023-02-03 US (CT): Horticulture representative transplants to Midsouth and new one takes over in California
- 2023-02-03 Agri-voltaic systems as a great income opportunity for young producers
- 2023-02-03 Smaller chicory yield expected in Belgium
- 2023-02-03 Constant level of demand despite price increase of 10 to 20 percent for thyme