- Grower Manager Fresh Produce
- Senior Commercial Manager (Sales and Procurement)
- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Mexico: Rising Farms boosts capacity fivefold
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- Conventional and organic: greenhouse grower does it all
“Floral industry trending towards integrating with fruit and vegetable sector”
“We see that the floral industry is trending towards integrating with the fruit and vegetable sector as the smaller retail florist disappears. With the increased quality of floral products offered at supermarkets combined with the shared overhead and established logistics, these larger outlets are becoming the new source for floral products worldwide,” says Shane Gervais, General Manager, IEF Corporation.
Not only supermarkets but many larger fruit stands carry these seasonal items along with floral bouquets to extend their sales into the Christmastime. During this time, wreaths, garlands and decorators in particular are very attractive to the produce industry.
“An increase of the commingling of the vegetable and floral products at
auctions worldwide as well as Trade Shows will serve to expand the partnership between the produce and floral markets,” concludes Janis van Well, owner, IEF Corporation
For more information:
Janis van Well
or Shane Gervais
T: +1 360-868-2275
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-07 Kenya: Tomato prices increased sharply over the last month
- 2023-02-07 "In a market with tight margins like in fresh produce, payments in local currency can make the difference"
- 2023-02-07 How can young people be won over to chicory?
- 2023-02-07 Prices strengthen for Mexican raspberries
- 2023-02-07 UK: House of Lords Inquiry “significant step in acknowledging importance of Environmental Horticulture”
- 2023-02-06 CAN (ON): Greenhouse industry experiencing growing pains
- 2023-02-06 "With an early Easter, it's vital that we get this product available"
- 2023-02-06 First producers' organization for fresh herbs founded in Italy
- 2023-02-06 The Greenery auctions Qcumber's first cucumbers for charity
- 2023-02-06 Currency devaluation enhances Egyptian competitiveness in the Gulf markets
- 2023-02-03 California canning tomato price at record high
- 2023-02-03 The Government of Spain will pay 300 million euro to farmers because of increased fertilizer prices
- 2023-02-03 "At the moment, the supply of vegetables available in Almeria is insufficient to meet the demand"
- 2023-02-03 Laredo District in Texas is number 1 for US-Mexico agricultural trade
- 2023-02-02 EU consumers save on food and buy less organic in 2022
- 2023-02-02 First Dutch aubergines back on shelves
- 2023-02-02 "70% of tomatoes in supermarket are now of foreign origin"
- 2023-02-02 High cucumber pricing factors into the 'salad category' demand
- 2023-02-02 India: Uttarakhand government to construct 50,000 poly houses in state: CM Dhami
- 2023-02-02 In 2022, the average price paid to Andalusian tomato producers was the highest of the last ten years