- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Tozer Seeds announces Kalettes marketing partners
Tozer Seeds made the decision to enter into this agreement with a select group of companies to market under the Kalettes brand to create a consistent name and brand identity for the kale and brussels sprouts hybrid, which would allow consumers to easily recognize this new vegetable. Tozer and these companies have committed to supporting the Kalettes brand though joint public relations efforts, consumer and trade advertising and by providing recipes, cooking tips and other content to consumers through the website, www.Kalettes.com, and their social media channels.
Additionally, the companies who are growing as part of the Kalettes brand are subject to strict product specifications and quality controls. Product specifications include sizing, colour and condition which will ensure that consumers receive consistent top quality product. Tozer Seeds has applied for a PLU code under the generic name “kale sprouts”, which will be available to any grower of the kale and brussels sprouts hybrid.
“Our collective goal is to successfully launch Kalettes in the retail and food service channels in the U.S. and Canada and build a strong awareness among consumers. By working together, the joint marketing efforts of Tozer and these companies will be able to reach the consumer more effectively,” stated Kraig Kuykendall, sales manager of Tozer Seeds America. “We have been very pleased with the incredible response to Kalettes and predict it will be very successful.”
Kalettes are the product of more than a decade of research by Tozer Seeds, the largest family-owned vegetable breeding company in England. The kale and brussels sprout hybrid offers a fresh fusion of sweet and nutty, combining the best traits of each of its parent vegetables. Kalettes are not genetically modified and were developed by cross-pollinating brussels sprouts with kale through traditional methods.
Kalettes are now available in very limited quantities and distribution will continue to increase throughout the fall and winter as production increases. Kalettes will be available to both retailers and food service distributors directly through the companies. For contact information please visit www.kalettes.com/trade-information.
For more information on Kalettes, including recipes, visit www.kalettes.com, and for updates on availability like them on Facebook, or follow them on Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-29 Australia: baby cucumbers launch limited edition football pack to promote as a healthy sporting snack
- 2022-11-08 New blackberry and raspberry launching in 2023
- 2022-10-25 ‘Kawaguchi RZ meets Chinese consumers’ requirements for pink tomatoes’
- 2022-10-21 New snack packaging for tomatoes unveiled
- 2022-10-19 "We have launched a reuseable 4G wireless temperature and humidity location recorder with light sensors"
- 2022-10-18 “Company clothing is part of the operation in terms of hygiene, appearance, and comfort”
- 2022-10-12 Dutch bell pepper grower gets new automated crate processing line
- 2022-10-05 Shock-sensing data logger with food shapes replicate movement of fruit and vegetables during handling and transport
- 2022-10-05 “The impact of visibility on global trade flows is rising”
- 2022-10-04 Narrow strawberry tray saves grower 10% on substrate
- 2022-10-04 “Good tastes like more”
- 2022-10-03 "We have been able to contain the cucumber mosaic virus much better"
- 2022-09-30 Laser microperforated packaging prevents fresh produce waste
- 2022-09-26 Royal Brinkman and Kam’s Growers Supply launch Valent truss support clip
- 2022-09-15 Chopped salad line kit gets three new flavors
- 2022-08-25 Drop peppers: A niche product appreciated for their look and taste
- 2022-08-22 AI pest & disease detection platform to be distributed by Cultivatd
- 2022-08-08 BioTherm improves performance of their finned heating products
- 2022-07-20 Interesting novelty in the green oblong tomato segment
- 2022-07-12 New organic salad kits and blends line debuts in plant-based compostable bags