Top 5 -yesterday
- "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"
- Dutch Berries: 20 hectares of high-tech strawberry cultivation
- How to shift from optimal growth with LEDs to optimal energy usage
- Adjusting irrigation water: bicarbonates vs. pH
- Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
Top 5 -last month
Halton Healthcare Services wins OGVG's first local food week promo competition
OGVG engaged 27 healthcare locations in Ontario, providing each site with a ‘tool kit’ consisting of: promotional ideas, recipes and merchandising material. These resources were created to support launching cafeteria initiatives, promotions & displays during local food week. All locations had the opportunity to submit a snapshot of their activities highlighting key criteria that would be the basis of selecting the winning location. Working with OGVG resources, Marianne Katusin (HHS manager of Foodservice) and Elma Hrapovich (HHS director of Nutrition and Foodservices) spearheaded multiple ‘local’ OGVG promotions and displays. HHS entered in a timely manner and enthusiastically created a lot of excitement and awareness around this celebratory week.
“OGVG has been pleased to be part of this promotion with Ontario Healthcare cafeterias and we look forward to working with other foodservice partners in the future” said Don Taylor, Chair of the Board of OGVG. “In a competitive market, these new partnerships that expand and support our produce in the foodservice marketplace will help sustain Ontario agriculture and our Ontario greenhouse vegetable farmers”.
To find out more about this promotion and view pictures please visit: www.ogvg.com
Funding was provided by Greenbelt to support the launch of an OGVG Local Food Week Promotion.
For more information:
Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers
George Gilvesy, General Manager
T: (519) 326-2604
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 "We consider every aspect of bell pepper cultivation to keep moving toward energy-neutral farming"
- 2022-08-10 Nova Siri Genetics research for strawberry cultivation
- 2022-08-10 Call for research needs in aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- 2022-08-10 "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- 2022-08-10 PT: Biobest steps up presence in Portugal with acquisition of Agronologica, changes name to Biobest Portugal
- 2022-08-10 4 case studies on monitoring and optimizing irrigation
- 2022-08-10 US (CA): Rotational fungicide approved for sale in CA
- 2022-08-10 New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
- 2022-08-10 Shouguang, Shandong: the capital of vegetables in China
- 2022-08-10 “Developing varieties with resistances takes time but it’s an important role we play as plant breeders”
- 2022-08-10 Western Growers mourns the passing of Hank Giclas
- 2022-08-10 India: Yara Growth invests $50M in ag-fintech company
- 2022-08-10 All Florida pesticide exams now available online
- 2022-08-09 US (ID): Syngenta debuts $15 million global vegetable seeds quality control lab
- 2022-08-09 Cualin Quality signs an agreement with Rijk Zwaan to produce Reddery RZ cherry tomatoes at its high-tech facilities
- 2022-08-09 UK: £15,000 vouchers available for horticultural, food and drink research
- 2022-08-09 Acquiring contracting companies results in Veldhoven Loonwerk
- 2022-08-09 Bowery and Arkansas Agricultural Experiment Station to develop disease-resistant spinach
- 2022-08-09 "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"