- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Coal and pink tomatoes: the challenges for Polish growers
- Healthy seeds, and good germination with Plasma Activated Water seed treatment
- J. Huete International builds high-tech greenhouse for seed research in South America
- NZ: Return of the watermelon
- Tropicalia Greenhouse in Northern France blends perfectly with surroundings
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
UK: Keep up to date with latest issues affecting British Ornamental Plant Producers
The event will bring guests together to learn about and discuss the current issues affecting the industry and also provide an update on the strategy and activities of the BOPP Scheme.
New for the event this year will be the chance for delegates to attend two workshops. These workshops will be interactive and provide the opportunity to explore the different topics that affect individual businesses.
Consultant Paula Edgington will host a workshop on the importance of developing, implementing and maintaining a quality management system within a business, along with an achievable and effective policy and objectives.
Anna Cook (HTA) will host a workshop focusing on supplier management covering aspects such as the benefits of effective management and tools to assess the risks associated with suppliers. There will also be an interactive exercise for delegates to participate in.
Adding to the line-up of speakers on the day, Horticultural Development Company’s Bolette Neve, will discuss what the future holds after a new wave of regulatory pressure has left growers with reduced options for crop protection. Bolette will explore how we navigate this new regulatory landscape. Other key speakers include Dan Murray, SEDEX and Raoul Curtis-Machin, HTA.
As well as updates on crop protection and new biocide regulations, the programme will include a grower panel session focussing on Biomass boilers. Biomass technology offers the potential for growers to address rising fuel prices and to reduce their environmental impact, although for many there are unanswered questions about the practicalities of its implementation. BOPP members, including Richard Harnett, Kernock Park Plants and Simon Earley, Earley Ornamentals, will share their own experiences of installing the technology and answer questions from the audience
The AGM & Technical Seminar 2014 promises to be a must-attend event for all those looking to keep up to date with the latest legislation and important issues concerning British Ornamental Plant Producers.
Places cost just £15 + VAT for members and £25 + VAT for non members – just complete and return the form at www.the-hta.org.uk/events to book places today.
For more information
HTA Media Office
T: 0118 930 3132
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 Spanish athlete breaks Guinness World Record by slapping watermelons
- 2022-11-30 Growers, operators and stakeholders unite to address overseas recruitment challenge
- 2022-11-29 BIE General Assembly recognizes Horticultural Expo 2027 Yokohama
- 2022-11-28 Over 400 exhibitors - Amount of visitors at pre-Corona levels
- 2022-11-28 Photo report: GrowTech 2022
- 2022-11-25 Webinar: Opportunities for horticulture in Algeria and Egypt
- 2022-11-24 Vertical Farming Conference to address all-round CEA topics
- 2022-11-24 Presentations now available online
- 2022-11-24 GrowTech keeps up the momentum during second exhibition day
- 2022-11-24 Dutch horticultural companies made their debut at the CIIE
- 2022-11-23 Third ∑-Grow Inside Seminar on the way
- 2022-11-23 Urban agriculture: controlled environment conference set in Dallas
- 2022-11-23 Looking ahead to the Organic Grower Summit 2022
- 2022-11-23 GrowTech off to a good start
- 2022-11-21 Indiana Horticultural Conference and Expo returns in person for vegetable, fruit growers
- 2022-11-17 China-Netherlands Plant Variety Protection Workshop
- 2022-11-17 Industry 4.0 food factory of the future event at CAFRE
- 2022-11-17 New date change for the NovelFarm trade show
- 2022-11-16 Austria: Innovation award for indoor farming company
- 2022-11-16 Creating value with less: a hot theme at Global Berry Congress 2022