- Grower Manager Fresh Produce
- Senior Commercial Manager (Sales and Procurement)
- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Mexico: Rising Farms boosts capacity fivefold
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- Conventional and organic: greenhouse grower does it all
International training opportunity for Chisholm trainee
Michael's participation in this event has been facilitated by the Hydroponic Farmers Federation of Victoria. The HFF initially purchased a position on the PCA tour, and then raffled the position off at their recent conference in Mulwala, New South Wales.
Chisholm Trainee - Michael McLachlan
Initially the raffle was actually won by Chisholm staff member Tony Bundock, who has kindly donated the prize to Michael.
'There is no doubt that the trip would have been a great opportunity to see progressive horticulture in that region, but I strongly believe that the future of our industry lies with the younger members of the horticultural community. Michael will certainly learn a great deal on this tour which will aid him in progressing his career and knowledge' said Tony.
When first told about the trip, Michael was convinced at first that it was all a joke. 'The boss has a strong sense of humour, so I thought he was winding me up! However, I'm pretty happy to discover it's for real!' said Michael.
Michael and the rest of the PCA delegation leave for America on the 1st of October and return on the 17th of October.
As part of his trip Michael will be updating a blog showcasing all the things he will be seeing, so look out for his reports at chisholmglasshouse.blogspot.com.au.
For more information
2 New Holland Drive Cranbourne VIC 3977
PO Box 684 Dandenong VIC 3175
T: +61 3 5990 7163
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-07 Knowledge exchange at the hybrid seminar ‘From Farm to Fork China’ on February 22nd
- 2023-02-07 Texas A&M Plant Breeding Symposium set for February 16
- 2023-02-07 Event to focus on applied research in Canada's Agricultural Automation Cluster
- 2023-02-07 “Strong participation from the Netherlands during upcoming edition of HortEx Vietnam”
- 2023-02-07 Are you ready for the road to sustainable and profitable horticulture?
- 2023-02-06 France: National Strawberry Day returns to CTIFL on February 22
- 2023-02-06 US: Green Career Week coming up
- 2023-02-02 HortiFlora Expo comes back after four years of absence
- 2023-02-02 NL: Trade mission agriculture and water Mexico
- 2023-01-30 Picture time! Recap of IPM 2023
- 2023-01-30 IFPA opens nominations for 2023 Produce Excellence in Foodservice Awards program
- 2023-01-30 Randy Riley to present at 62nd American Seed Trade Association: Vegetable and Flower Seed Conference
- 2023-01-27 Dutch ambitions to make the international fresh food chain more sustainable
- 2023-01-27 IPM comes to an end
- 2023-01-27 CEA Alliance hosts first Washington, DC fly-in
- 2023-01-25 US (CA): CDFA offers mental health resources web page for farmers and farmworkers
- 2023-01-25 Sneak peek: what's happening at IPM Essen?
- 2023-01-24 Spain: Addressing new market demands at the Winter Open Field Days 2023 in Cartagena
- 2023-01-24 Positive vibes on the first day of IPM '23
- 2023-01-23 NL: Postharvest Unlimited Conference & Postharvest Ornamentals Symposium to take place simultaneously