- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
16-19 September 2014, Qingdao, China
Annual Congress announced for International Association of Horticultural Producers
This year’s congress will provide AIPH members with a detailed insight into the Chinese horticultural industry, as well as the opportunity to discuss the latest activities of the AIPH committees surrounding green city, novelty protection, environment & plant health, science & education, statistics and marketing & exhibitions.
Included within the programme will be an opportunity for AIPH members to share information and successes on their own plant promotion initiatives. AIPH Secretary General, Tim Briercliffe commented, “Information sharing and networking at the annual congress is a significant benefit of membership. It is a great opportunity for like-minded and non-competing grower organisations to share what they’re doing, learn from each other and take home new ideas that they can apply within their own organisations”.
In addition to the congress, Qingdao is home to several other AIPH associated events. The AIPH-approved International Horticultural Exposition is currently taking place in Qingdao and guests will enjoy a tour of this stunning expo as well as professional visits to local horticultural businesses and a green city tour of Qingdao.
Delegates and guests can also look forward to a reception dinner co-hosted by the China Flower Association and the Executive Committee for the 2014 Qingdao Expo, as well as the highly anticipated gala dinner that will announce the coveted prize of AIPH International Grower of the Year.
Tim Briercliffe commented “It is a privilege to be able to hold the annual congress this year in Qingdao. The horticultural expo will really impress delegates and our member in China, the China Flower Association, is working hard to ensure a truly memorable congress”.
For more information
Tim Briercliffe, Secretary General
T: +44 (0) 118 9308956
M: +44 (0) 7885 750324
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Increased plant health and vitality with 44% lab cost reduction
- 2022-12-02 Israeli company developing USD $15M hydroponic project in Guyana
- 2022-12-02 CEO of Betagro PLC is a Guest of Honour at Thailand - LNV Reception 2022
- 2022-12-02 Sanne Kruikemeier and Ingrid de Zwarte receive Early Career Award
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-02 Ab van Marrewijk hands over Tomatoworld greenhouse to Nico Ammerlaan
- 2022-12-02 The Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-02 Teachers appointed ‘grow smart, eat smart’ ambassadors in Jamaica
- 2022-12-02 Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes with a ‘wow’ factor thanks to a finely tuned irrigation strategy
- 2022-12-01 Planet Farms to build 15.000m2 farm plus appoints new CEO and President for Italy
- 2022-12-01 Revol Greens partners with Blue Radix to add autonomous growing to US greenhouses
- 2022-12-01 Biotalys establishes scientific advisory committee
- 2022-12-01 Edible Garden to display expanding product lines at 2022 New York Produce Show
- 2022-12-01 The industry responds to Infarm news
- 2022-12-01 "Spanish products are under pressure"
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes: large supply in the face of low demand
- 2022-12-01 Labor requirements in indoor agriculture
- 2022-12-01 High demand for Egyptian strawberry plants
- 2022-12-01 Dutch tomato grower expands into strawberry cultivation