Top 5 -yesterday
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
Top 5 -last month
- Vertical farming technologies tool in researching and fighting diseases
- German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- "Water is the new gold"
- Growing strawberries from seeds becoming increasingly popular
- Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
India: 'No sign of vegetable prices coming down soon'
“The retail inflation of vegetables and fruits is 8-10 per cent over a year. It will go up till the next crops arrive at the markets,” Madan Sabanvis, chief economist and general Manager of Credit Analysis & Research Limited said.
The agriculture market officials, retail vendors and agriculture experts have shared similar sentiments and fear for a further increase in inflation. “The vegetables including cabbage, cauliflower, tomato, cucumber, beet, brinjal prices have gone up by 15 to 20 per cent than last month. The shortage of vegetables will have an impact on the prices further,” an official from Agriculture Produce Market Committee (APMC) said.
Click here to read the complete article at asianage.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-12 Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- 2022-08-11 "European retailers want alternatives to possible decline of lit Dutch tomato acreage this winter"
- 2022-08-11 Movement of Mexican asparagus through Arizona, California and Texas expected to remain about the same
- 2022-08-11 Total ad numbers this week saw 2% increase from last week
- 2022-08-11 "Vegetable supplies are severely disrupted this season as growers face a crisis under a mountain of challenges"
- 2022-08-11 UK farmers count cost as heatwave kills fruit and vegetable crops
- 2022-08-11 "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
- 2022-08-11 The benefits of agtech in urban buildings
- 2022-08-11 Nigeria: Lagosians see pepper prices go up by 100% in two weeks
- 2022-08-11 Unprecedented challenges ahead for the Fresh Herbs Industry
- 2022-08-11 Orange and Dragon Agriculture: Avocados should be considered a healthy food rather than a daily fruit
- 2022-08-10 Southeastern European countries importing more and more fresh fruits and vegetables
- 2022-08-10 NZ: Microgreens business bounces back after Covid
- 2022-08-10 Snacking vegetable market continuing to grow despite global challenges
- 2022-08-09 Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
- 2022-08-09 Canada again puts import requirements on US romaine lettuce
- 2022-08-09 South Korea: Oversupply of smart farming vegetables calls for more supply platforms
- 2022-08-09 Unusual heat doubled tomato prices in Tajikistan
- 2022-08-08 Hungary: What are the challenges and opportunities today for horti growers?
- 2022-08-08 US: Updates and annual facility certification for the offshore greenhouse certification program