Top 5 -yesterday
- "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"
- Dutch Berries: 20 hectares of high-tech strawberry cultivation
- How to shift from optimal growth with LEDs to optimal energy usage
- Adjusting irrigation water: bicarbonates vs. pH
- Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
Top 5 -last month
Nature Fresh using Paskal’s Growth Analysis System:
"Optimise performance and make right decisions in a really convenient manner"
“We saw the system at the GreenQ research centre in the Netherlands and it looked really interesting for us. We decided to introduce it as an experiment, to find out what we could learn about our plants and how to grow more efficiently,” explains Johnny Braun, of Nature Fresh."Quite soon we found out that the system was quite useful, and we installed it in our entire greenhouse."
Nature Fresh currently has the system installed on 16 acres of Beef tomatoes with 100 weighting units. “If everything goes well, we will go for a larger area in the future. The system has not yet been optimised to accurately measure weight on bell peppers, but we have heard Paskal is already working on it,” affirms Johnny.
“As of right now, it all looks very positive. We have learned a lot about what is good and not good for the plants, about when to open or close the energy-efficient curtains or when to start/stop irrigating.”
By assessing elements such as outside light and the plant’s weight increase, the system makes it possible to assess the plant's growth at different times of the day. “It's also all connected to a database allowing us to find out why the growth in a particular compartment was slower.
“Perhaps the sun went down, or the humidity and/or temperature were not at the right level; it’s all weighted and makes it very easy to see whether or not you made the right decisions, and of course, to optimise your performance in a really convenient manner,” concludes Johnny Braun.
Click here to learn more about the Growth Analysis System in an article that was previously published on HortiDaily.com
For more information:
T +972 4 957 5877
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- 2022-08-08 A mission to discover greenhouse robots in Japan
- 2022-08-08 Low-cost smart meter ready for farmers and agricultural partners
- 2022-07-22 "By adding spray booms, our roof washer became a real 2-in-1-machine"
- 2022-07-22 What is the added value of Software-as-a-Service for growers?
- 2022-07-22 "Horto Professional makes vertical farming customizable"
- 2022-07-20 'Easy-to-use growth model' combines weight and light
- 2022-07-19 "North America is a strong growth market for automation solutions"
- 2022-07-15 "I don't believe in automating just to automate"
- 2022-07-13 Greenhouse software tool helps growers calculate light distribution of growing facility
- 2022-07-12 Fluence and HAS University partner to explore dynamic lighting strategies
- 2022-07-11 Monitoring growing conditions and tracking strawberries with IoT apps
- 2022-07-11 “Autonomous Growing is helping us to achieve more”
- 2022-07-11 Trolleys help growers in hot climates deal with labor shortages
- 2022-07-06 Robots - the perfect worker when there are severe staff shortages?
- 2022-07-06 Growing cucumbers vertically brings future for Finnish growers nearby
- 2022-07-05 Working towards an autonomous greenhouse in the AGROS project
- 2022-07-04 Peruvian designers create an intelligent robotic arm to control the quality and growth of seedlings for the agro-industry
- 2022-07-01 Beijing builds a test application scenario for cherry tomato harvest robots
- 2022-06-30 Ecobloom's technology aims to make indoor farming smarter