- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- Grow it forward receives USDA grant and doubles hydroponic capabilities
FloraHolland's Florists Clock in Naaldwijk starts auctioning
In his opening speech, Lucas Vos thanked everyone concerned for all their efforts during the last few months, and he wished the florists, garden centre operators, growers and employees much success with the new Florists Clock. Both customers and employees had a lot to get used to but, despite a few teething problems, the first auction went well. The problems were quickly remedied on site, although the supply was rather lower than expected because a part of it went to the wrong place. Supply and range will be extended in the near future in consultation with customers.
The Florists Clock of FloraHolland, aimed mainly at florists and garden centres, offers a broad and deep range of cut flowers, houseplants and garden plants at three clocks simultaneously. The products are physically in the auction room and purchased per container, shelf or trolley. Since they are auctioned early and distributed rapidly, customers could return quickly to their workplace.
The Florists Clock serves those customers who moved from Bleiswijk to Naaldwijk. It also serves customers who currently make small-scale purchases at the clocks at Aalsmeer, Naaldwijk and Rijnsburg. The Florists Clock at Eelde focuses on florists and garden centres as well.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-28 Germany: &ever initiates severing ties with Kalera PLC
- 2022-11-28 Award of Merit goes to K-12: Denver Public Schools Glenbrook Greenhouse
- 2022-11-28 Learn to grow energy-efficient cucumbers with 'Kassim the game'
- 2022-11-28 Expansion of the CEA team at Bosman Van Zaal
- 2022-11-28 Elon Musk's SpaceX brings 'tomato seeds' to International Space Station
- 2022-11-28 Oreon receives DLC listing for water-cooled LED fixtures
- 2022-11-25 New version Plantalyzer Vision software promises over 99% accuracy
- 2022-11-25 Organifarms wins CyberOne Hightech Award
- 2022-11-25 Dómhnal Slattery takes on role as special adviser at Abu Dhabi’s Pure Harvest
- 2022-11-25 Soil moisture monitoring project to boost horticulture production
- 2022-11-25 Organic ginger from a Dutch greenhouse
- 2022-11-25 Oppy reunited at first-ever Global Produce & Floral Show
- 2022-11-25 Hort Innovation welcomes two new directors
- 2022-11-25 100% Vegan friendly DIY Pesto Kit introduced in The Netherlands
- 2022-11-25 Energy Cave: Sharing knowledge on geothermal heat
- 2022-11-24 "Adding or changing lights in the greenhouse? Don’t neglect humidity"
- 2022-11-24 New appointment for the Hutchinsons horticulture team
- 2022-11-24 Regen ag – from principles to practice
- 2022-11-24 “Exploring phytobiomes" workhop - plant and animal genome conference 2023
- 2022-11-24 “Why should we?” Making the case for sustainable container management in Lithuania