- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
Top 5 -last month
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "Our foliage plants grow bigger, faster, and more efficiently"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
Ontario’s fruit and vegetable growers hire new Executive Vice President
“As a board we are looking forward to working with John in his new role with the OFVGA,” says Board Chair Ray Duc, a grape grower from the Niagara area. “This is a critical time in our industry and John has the qualifications and experience to take the OFVGA to the next level.”
Throughout his career, Kelly has been focused on innovation development and implementation, and advancing products and technologies in the agriculture, food, biotechnology, pharma and bioeconomy sectors. He most recently led Erie Innovation and Commercialization, a four and a half year initiative of the OFVGA with a mandate to diversify agriculture and food opportunities for the sand plains area of the South Central Ontario Region (SCOR).
"I am very pleased to be taking on this role with the OFVGA and I thank the Board of Directors for the opportunity,” says Kelly. “This is a very important time for the OFVGA and it is crucial that the challenges and issues affecting fruit and vegetable growers be directly addressed. Our job will be to implement the strategy and direction of the Board."
He has also held executive positions with various companies, including KeliRo Company Inc., MaRS Landing, Land O’ Lakes, Ralston Purina, Rhone-Poulenc Canada Inc. and Aventis CropSciences Inc., as well as the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food. Kelly holds a B.Sc. (Agr) and Ph.D. from the University of Guelph, and a Master of Science from the University of Alberta.
The Ontario Fruit and Vegetable Growers’ Association is the voice of Ontario’s 7,500 fruit, vegetable, and greenhouse farmers on issues affecting the edible horticulture sector.
For more information:
Ontario Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association
Ray Duc, 905-651-6696
John Kelly, 519-546-5722
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-08 ToBRFV virus: a pragmatic approach
- 2022-12-08 Canada: GoodLeaf Farms receives about $110mln to expand nationally
- 2022-12-08 Circular bioplastics offer solution for climate crisis and growing resource consumption
- 2022-12-08 Acquisition of Penny UK by Power Plastics
- 2022-12-08 Energy screens: work smarter, not harder
- 2022-12-08 Trinity Natural Capital Markets welcomes the development of the UK Soil Carbon Code
- 2022-12-07 Dutch nursery Globe Plant employs new greenhouse
- 2022-12-07 US (KY): Square Roots opens new indoor farm in Shepherdsville
- 2022-12-07 "We use robotics, machine imaging and AI to automate tomato harvesting"
- 2022-12-07 "The trend is somewhat moving away from cocktail tomatoes in favor of the plainer TOVs"
- 2022-12-07 "Increasing demand for coco substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- 2022-12-07 US: 'Designed to create larger impacts with less operating costs'
- 2022-12-07 The Veggie team experiments on ISS are part of NASA's effort to provide "Space Plant Biology" of sustainable fresh food production
- 2022-12-07 NZ: Green crops as an alternative nitrogen source
- 2022-12-07 Partnership supports UAE’s national food security strategy to adopt advanced agricultural methods
- 2022-12-07 "Food waste and safety are huge challenges"
- 2022-12-07 Dutch coop commits to science-based climate goals
- 2022-12-07 Greenhouse grower helps provide healthy meals at food bank
- 2022-12-07 Indoor grower opens new facility in Kentucky
- 2022-12-07 Certis Biologicals appoints new president of business development and licensing