- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Installed by KOAT:
New advanced pepper harvest, buffer, container unloading system for German grower
The system consists of a AGV-system, with harvest containers, a container buffer system and an unloading system for the harvested bell peppers.
The AGV’s run unmanned through the greenhouse to and from the central packing area, controlled by an induction cable inside the concrete floor (realised in the most advanced manner to avoid contamination and wire damage). Automatic door opening is computer controlled, as well as positioning for various activities, the AGV has to perform. The AGV’s themselves are executed with hydraulic scissors to allow harvesting at various desired heights. The harvester walks behind the AGV (low level crop at the start of the season) or is standing on either of the 2 work platforms of the AGV inside a safety bar (for high level crop). Speed of moving forward and height are controlled by the harvester. The harvest containers have automatic lowering bottoms inside, to avoid dropping height for the peppers, hence avoiding the risk of damage.
For harvesting the AGV will be taken off the induction system and introduced onto the pipe rail. After the container has been filled, the AGV will be placed roughly over the cable again, and the robust AGV will bring the container autonomously to the buffer system in the sorting room. The harvester will take the next AGV which is already presented to him, to continue his/her activities. No time loss, combined with ergonomically good working conditions.
In the packing area, the harvest containers will be lifted off the AGV, and buffered sort by sort. The buffer system itself is a so-called “First In First Out” (FIFO) buffer, to enable the older peppers to be graded first. After unloading the full container from the AGV an empty container will be placed back onto the AGV trolley, for re-introduction into the greenhouse.
The container tipping system after the buffer, takes care for a gentle and an equally divided introduction of peppers into the grading machine.
The combination of efficient harvesting with AGV’s, autonomous transport, FIFO-buffer system of the harvest containers and optimal care of the products and the fact that the whole turn-key delivery comes out of one supplier, makes the choice for this KOAT system a logical one.
For more information
René de Jonge
5711 CP Someren,
T: (+31)493 496130
F: (+31)493 492113
C: (+31) 6 5333 1563
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-28 PV shade screens for greenhouses, agrivoltaics
- 2022-11-18 3-in-1 sensor to simultaneously monitor soil-based production
- 2022-11-16 “The garage door is one of the most important parts of a passive solar greenhouse”
- 2022-11-16 Even more energy saving possible with energy-efficient fan
- 2022-11-16 Introduction video: see strawberry harvesting robot in action
- 2022-11-14 Grower tries 'V-shape' steering, already sees positive results
- 2022-11-10 Otto: the IPM scouting and yield forecasting greenhouse robot
- 2022-11-09 Building the right facility for the indoor cultivation operation
- 2022-11-08 ProSeal extends automatic case packer range
- 2022-11-01 Cutting produce with water: "the produce stays fresher"
- 2022-10-25 Yield prediction in vine tomatoes: towards one robot for all tomato varieties
- 2022-10-21 SA: Expert warns that cyber threats to smart farming could threaten food security
- 2022-10-18 Stopping condensation droplets from absorbing light and promoting pathogens
- 2022-10-14 The latest innovations for aquaponics and vertical farming
- 2022-10-05 “A million gallons of water that could be recycled or repurposed”
- 2022-09-29 How to solve efficiency in farm processing
- 2022-09-27 "Increasing adoption of ag robots as more growers ‘get it’"
- 2022-09-27 Renting brings crate washing on scale within reach
- 2022-09-27 China's first artificial intelligence 5G agricultural robot comes out
- 2022-09-26 Technology has become the foundation of blueberry cultivation