- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
Fruit and vegetables add spark to summer menus:
United Fresh highlights summertime foodservice menu trends
The Fresh Insights report also looks at how fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs can transform modern cocktails, while savoury tarts create a rich dish with a healthy halo. There’s also news about restaurant operators using produce-driven menu items to usher in spring and summer menus last quarter, including roasted vegetables, lemons, and seasonal sangrias. Additionally, the report cites menu introductions at chains, including some fresh-focused marketing campaigns.
The summer report of Fresh Insights includes a look at the top fresh produce ingredients at America’s ballparks, with apples, peppers and cucumbers on the menus at concession stands. Ballparks increasingly feature fresh produce stands, chopped salad and wrap stands, and even vegetarian and vegan options.
The concept for the Fresh Insights report was initiated by United’s Retail-Foodservice Board as a resource for United members to gain a comprehensive look at how chefs and restaurants are incorporating fresh produce on their menus. The report is developed by Datassential, a leading market research firm dedicated to the food Industry, using data from its extensive menu database, MenuTrends.
The publication is organized in four core sections, including Fresh Flavors, which shows in-depth profiles of trending produce items; Menu Intelligence, featuring up-to-date information on how produce is being used in different menu items; Chain Report, which focuses on produce’s role in new menu items; and View From Above, offering a look into produce usage in a particular trend within the foodservice industry.
Fresh Insights for Foodservice is free to United Fresh members and $50 to non-members. To order the report today, visit United’s website.
For more information:
Tel: +1 202-303-3408
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-20 "Green shoots of Spring need green packaging options"
- 2022-01-19 BASF presents its new medium-cycle red California pepper with resistance to powdery mildew
- 2022-01-17 Peelsphere: Biomaterial made from fruit waste and algae
- 2022-01-11 In-house manufactured LEDs help growers to increase product quality and yield
- 2022-01-10 China: Pineapple-flavored strawberries sought after by the market
- 2022-01-04 Calinda strawberry will begin its 7th season
- 2021-12-24 Registration system means bonuses, ties, and savings
- 2021-12-21 "Our hydroponic systems use Spacer, prevents excess moisture and proliferation of root diseases"
- 2021-12-16 New hydroponic herbs available in Southeast US
- 2021-12-14 "When folks are given sustainable options, they choose them"
- 2021-12-13 "New formula extends reach of nutrients"
- 2021-12-08 Wokcue brings a taste of modern Asian cuisine to Western supermarket shelves
- 2021-12-07 Clementines are losing their acidity due to climate change
- 2021-11-26 “There’s a foreseeable future with hydroponics in every home”
- 2021-11-23 "Easy to clean Snapeg drip pin deserves more fame"
- 2021-11-18 What a leafy green veg can teach us about the power of the collective
- 2021-11-16 Daily Harvest secures series D Funding
- 2021-11-15 "We have the widest range of dehydrated edible flowers in the world"
- 2021-11-03 Seedless snack peppers latest result of change in breeding programme
- 2021-11-02 Beekenkamp Packaging introduces more efficient growing tray