Top 5 -yesterday
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
Top 5 -last month
- Vertical farming technologies tool in researching and fighting diseases
- German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- "Water is the new gold"
- Growing strawberries from seeds becoming increasingly popular
- Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
India: Pan Global accepts report, development plan for planned hydroponic greenhouse
The Company believes that the plan provides it with a foundation and good road map to develop its demonstration hydroponic greenhouse, which the Company intends to use to refine and adapt growing techniques for certain vegetables to local conditions. The Company also believes the plan provides it with a cost-effective strategy for scaling up the greenhouse operation over the long term.
The Company plans to initially focus greenhouse operations on the production of a certain variety of peppers, seedless cucumbers, tomatoes and commercial flower crops.
The hydroponic greenhouse growing industry in India is at a very young stage. At the present time, there are very few professional operators and many of these are focused on floriculture (i.e., flower farming). The Company is planning a hydroponic greenhouse growing operation focused on vegetable crops. Subject to availability of financing, the Company anticipates the design phase of the first facility will be completed by the end of the Company's fiscal year ending September 30, 2014. During the design and construction phase, the Company intends to establish relationships with various local chain food retails stores, high end hotels and other potential customers to directly market its production.
The Company's management commented, "We believe there is tremendous opportunity within India's large market for our planned greenhouse vegetable production. Our goals are to produce products of higher quality, available on a more consistent basis and with favourable environmental attributes, such as limited or no use of chemical fertilizer and up to 90% less use of water."
As reported by the Company on a Form 8-K filed with the SEC on October 17, 2013, the Company, through Pan Asia Infratech Corp., entered into a lease agreement on October 11, 2013 to lease a five-acre parcel of land located in Punjab, India for an initial term of ten years for the sole purpose of building and operating a greenhouse growing facility. The hyperlink to the Company's Form 8-K follows: www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1492617/000149315213002012/0001493152-13-002012-index.htm
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-11 Canadian grower adds space to indoor strawberry farm
- 2022-08-09 CAN (OB): Ever Tru Farms launches 15-acre expansion
- 2022-07-22 US: architect develops greenhouse for his Boston neighborhood
- 2022-07-22 Australian HFF inducts two life members with an incredible story of greenhouse construction in Mongolia
- 2022-07-21 Australia: Tomatoes and jobs to grow in Tatura
- 2022-07-21 China: Smart greenhouses boost yields
- 2022-07-21 A schoolgirl from Kazakhstan has developed a "smart" greenhouse
- 2022-07-13 California open field grower expands into hydroponic lettuces
- 2022-07-11 Iowa family farm sees success with tunnel greenhouses
- 2022-07-07 Evolving tomato cultivation in Ontario
- 2022-07-05 Oman: Jusoor Foundation to produce saplings and citrus plants in greenhouses
- 2022-07-05 Naturvillan is a self-sufficient, off-grid A-frame greenhouse home in Sweden
- 2022-06-30 US (ME): ‘Crew of octogenarians’ builds greenhouse in Lewiston yard
- 2022-06-30 CAN: Abegweit First Nation invests in food security with new greenhouse
- 2022-06-30 Finnish propagator Sigg-Plant expands capacity with 40%
- 2022-06-29 Twentyfour-year-old Saudi farmer engineers a blooming desert
- 2022-06-29 Canada: Church greenhouse program supports migrant workers
- 2022-06-29 S. Korean smart farm technology creates cooling greenhouses in Vietnam
- 2022-06-28 Amazon seeks to convert Great Falls nursery into a greenhouse
- 2022-06-28 'Growing together by sharing the Chinese 'pie'