- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
India: Pan Global accepts report, development plan for planned hydroponic greenhouse
The Company believes that the plan provides it with a foundation and good road map to develop its demonstration hydroponic greenhouse, which the Company intends to use to refine and adapt growing techniques for certain vegetables to local conditions. The Company also believes the plan provides it with a cost-effective strategy for scaling up the greenhouse operation over the long term.
The Company plans to initially focus greenhouse operations on the production of a certain variety of peppers, seedless cucumbers, tomatoes and commercial flower crops.
The hydroponic greenhouse growing industry in India is at a very young stage. At the present time, there are very few professional operators and many of these are focused on floriculture (i.e., flower farming). The Company is planning a hydroponic greenhouse growing operation focused on vegetable crops. Subject to availability of financing, the Company anticipates the design phase of the first facility will be completed by the end of the Company's fiscal year ending September 30, 2014. During the design and construction phase, the Company intends to establish relationships with various local chain food retails stores, high end hotels and other potential customers to directly market its production.
The Company's management commented, "We believe there is tremendous opportunity within India's large market for our planned greenhouse vegetable production. Our goals are to produce products of higher quality, available on a more consistent basis and with favourable environmental attributes, such as limited or no use of chemical fertilizer and up to 90% less use of water."
As reported by the Company on a Form 8-K filed with the SEC on October 17, 2013, the Company, through Pan Asia Infratech Corp., entered into a lease agreement on October 11, 2013 to lease a five-acre parcel of land located in Punjab, India for an initial term of ten years for the sole purpose of building and operating a greenhouse growing facility. The hyperlink to the Company's Form 8-K follows: www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1492617/000149315213002012/0001493152-13-002012-index.htm
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-28 22-hectare greenhouse in Mongolia to be completed by the end of the year
- 2023-09-27 Providing a unique greenhouse experience and launch of new sweet pepper variety
- 2023-09-27 Foil greenhouse lets Belgian strawberry grower expand
- 2023-09-25 Greenhouse Cluster Development project is way in Georgia
- 2023-09-22 CAN: Horticultural center topped with roof informed by Fibonacci spirals
- 2023-09-21 Ukrainian farmers receive subsidies to develop the construction of gardens and greenhouses
- 2023-09-21 Greenhouse farming in the Mogilev region is switching to new technologies
- 2023-09-21 Far North grower forced to diversify crops due to strawberry shortage
- 2023-09-20 Lettuce industry Florida expands into new production systems
- 2023-09-20 Ukraine: Ivano-Frankivsk community are establishing a greenhouse farm
- 2023-09-20 Low- and mid-tech greenhouse constructions ready for assembly
- 2023-09-19 China: New glass greenhouse are under construction in Beijing
- 2023-09-18 Environmental association points out flaws in greenhouse expansion plan
- 2023-09-15 NL: Bejo's new plant nursery officially opened
- 2023-09-14 Philippines: Korean funded greenhouses set for turnover by November
- 2023-09-14 China: "This method saves 92 percent on water"
- 2023-09-14 US (NE): Greenhouse in the snow continues to flourish, adding international markets and commercial kits
- 2023-09-11 Guyana: Agriculture Minister Zulfikar Mustapha visits agricultural project AIEP
- 2023-09-11 US (NY): Work underway on $120M hydroponic lettuce farm in Lorena
- 2023-09-11 Philippines: BPI, Kopia launch vegetable project