Top 5 -yesterday
- "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"
- Dutch Berries: 20 hectares of high-tech strawberry cultivation
- How to shift from optimal growth with LEDs to optimal energy usage
- Adjusting irrigation water: bicarbonates vs. pH
- Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
Top 5 -last month
Kathy Hession honoured for her contributions to floral industry with own gerbera
Michael Schrader, Floral Director of Schnucks Markets, and Cindy Hanauer, Founder/CEO of Grand Central Floral and 2012 Flower Naming Recipient, announced the honour, lauding Ms. Hession for her contributions to the floral industry. “This year’s nominee [Kathy] has been involved in every aspect of the floral industry, being an active contributor and supporter throughout her entire career. There is not one supplier, grower, farm or retailer she worked with or for that doesn’t have a story about how she helped them improve and grow their business,” said Ms. Hanauer when announcing this year’s honoree.
“A Gerbera has amazing versatility and flexibility - it can be a beautiful standalone flower or a part of a stunning bouquet. This amazing, vibrant red Gerbera represents Kathy Hession perfectly. With the same versatility and strength of a Gerbera, Kathy continues to pioneer, inspire and grow the floral industry today,” said Ms. Hanauer in regards to her contributions to the industry. Florist Holland B.V., the Gerbera breeding and propagation company for the Netherlands and member of the Royal Hilverda Group, has registered this new Gerbera name at the Foundation Floricode.
For more information about International Floriculture Expo, visit www.floriexpo.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 "We consider every aspect of bell pepper cultivation to keep moving toward energy-neutral farming"
- 2022-08-10 Nova Siri Genetics research for strawberry cultivation
- 2022-08-10 Call for research needs in aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- 2022-08-10 "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- 2022-08-10 PT: Biobest steps up presence in Portugal with acquisition of Agronologica, changes name to Biobest Portugal
- 2022-08-10 4 case studies on monitoring and optimizing irrigation
- 2022-08-10 US (CA): Rotational fungicide approved for sale in CA
- 2022-08-10 New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
- 2022-08-10 Shouguang, Shandong: the capital of vegetables in China
- 2022-08-10 “Developing varieties with resistances takes time but it’s an important role we play as plant breeders”
- 2022-08-10 Western Growers mourns the passing of Hank Giclas
- 2022-08-10 India: Yara Growth invests $50M in ag-fintech company
- 2022-08-10 All Florida pesticide exams now available online
- 2022-08-09 US (ID): Syngenta debuts $15 million global vegetable seeds quality control lab
- 2022-08-09 Cualin Quality signs an agreement with Rijk Zwaan to produce Reddery RZ cherry tomatoes at its high-tech facilities
- 2022-08-09 UK: £15,000 vouchers available for horticultural, food and drink research
- 2022-08-09 Acquiring contracting companies results in Veldhoven Loonwerk
- 2022-08-09 Bowery and Arkansas Agricultural Experiment Station to develop disease-resistant spinach
- 2022-08-09 "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"