- Flower Manager - New Business Development / Kenya
- Regional Sales Manager
- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
Top 5 -last month
- "Our foliage plants grow bigger, faster, and more efficiently"
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
8th annual Greenhouse Competition in Leamington, Ontario:
Mastronardi Produce/ Sunset® wins big at hottest tomato competition
The awards keep rolling in for Mastronardi Produce/SUNSET®, this time taking home 6 titles from the 8th annual Greenhouse Competition in Leamington, Ontario.
A record number of greenhouse companies were in the running for this year’s Hottest Tomato, Coolest Cucumber and Perfect Pepper. Mastronardi Produce led the competition with 6 first place awards including Best English Cucumber, Best Overall Tomato and People’s Choice for Best Pepper with SUNSET® sweet bell peppers. The star of the show? SUNSET’s Seriously Sweet™ Zima™ tomatoes, taking top honours with Best Speciality Tomato and Best Overall Tomato.
“We’re very excited about the Greenhouse Competition results,” shared CEO Paul Mastronardi. “Each year the contest gets bigger and better and we’re thrilled to have had such great success, especially with Zima™.”
The victorious weekend comes on the heels of the United Fresh show in Chicago, which named SUNSET® Y.E.L.O.™ cocktail tomatoes as the industry’s Best New Vegetable of 2014.
“It’s been a great week,” said Mastronardi. “We’re very proud and very thankful to be getting such incredible feedback from the industry and consumers alike. Zima™ and Y.E.L.O.™ are both great products with amazing colour and flavour and have quickly become household favourites.”
For more information:
Tel: +1 519 326 1491
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-09 Rooftop Greenhouse Agrotopia wins the World Architecture Festival (WAF) Award 2022
- 2022-12-09 Solis Agrosciences raises growth capital in expanded round
- 2022-12-09 Digital biology meets traditional agriculture to advance plant trait development
- 2022-12-09 Havatec takes over estate and clients from Jamafa
- 2022-12-09 AdeptAg acquires Plantech
- 2022-12-09 Prins USA becomes part of GreenV
- 2022-12-08 Canada: GoodLeaf Farms receives about $110mln to expand nationally
- 2022-12-08 Circular bioplastics offer solution for climate crisis and growing resource consumption
- 2022-12-08 Acquisition of Penny UK by Power Plastics
- 2022-12-08 Energy screens: work smarter, not harder
- 2022-12-08 Trinity Natural Capital Markets welcomes the development of the UK Soil Carbon Code
- 2022-12-08 ToBRFV virus: a pragmatic approach
- 2022-12-07 US (KY): Square Roots opens new indoor farm in Shepherdsville
- 2022-12-07 "We use robotics, machine imaging and AI to automate tomato harvesting"
- 2022-12-07 "The trend is somewhat moving away from cocktail tomatoes in favor of the plainer TOVs"
- 2022-12-07 "Increasing demand for coco substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- 2022-12-07 US: 'Designed to create larger impacts with less operating costs'
- 2022-12-07 The Veggie team experiments on ISS are part of NASA's effort to provide "Space Plant Biology" of sustainable fresh food production
- 2022-12-07 NZ: Green crops as an alternative nitrogen source
- 2022-12-07 Partnership supports UAE’s national food security strategy to adopt advanced agricultural methods