- Grower Manager Fresh Produce
- Senior Commercial Manager (Sales and Procurement)
- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Mexico: Rising Farms boosts capacity fivefold
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- Conventional and organic: greenhouse grower does it all
Netherlands: Rijk Zwaan continues to grow: expansion in De Lier
In order to meet current demand, it is necessary for Rijk Zwaan to continue investment in new technology. Therefore, various departments will be fitted with grow lights and a refrigerated section is added to the existing structure. There are now segments with perpendicular gutter cultivation.
The entire complex is suitable for a dual screen. All 16 units averaging 650 m2 are equipped with a 10 Svensson XLS Ultra Revolux screen and the lit sections receive an Svensson XLS SL 99 Revolux screen.
Several contractors are involved in the project. The screen plates by Leen Huisman are provided with a white coating and are part of the wall construction. Although it is not a turnkey project, there is close cooperation between the various parties involved, which has led to the project being on schedule. Leen Huisman has begun assembling the technical installations this week. The blinds and insect screens by Marquis will be retrofitted in order to avoid being damaged by construction work.
Leen Huisman B.V.
2676 LT Maasdijk
Tel: +31 174-512733
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-07 Sant'Orsola presents zero residue blueberries and raspberries
- 2023-02-07 "We are seeing a high demand for robots right now"
- 2023-02-07 New appointments at RedSea Farm
- 2023-02-07 Enza Zaden appoints Andreas Sewing as CSO
- 2023-02-07 Strong earthquake leads to logistical complications in Turkey
- 2023-02-07 Beneficial Insectary acquires Sierra Biological
- 2023-02-06 AU: Costa supports Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation
- 2023-02-06 Greenhouses, nurseries, and flower producers report top Ontario farm income
- 2023-02-06 TK-Topboiler and Boeters Ketel Constructie join forces
- 2023-02-06 Berry specialist signs partnership for vertical farm
- 2023-02-03 CAN (QC): Rigaud-based ecological farm adopts dynamic LED solution
- 2023-02-03 Vidre+ works to extend the shelf-life of tomatoes
- 2023-02-03 Tom van der Meer turns 50
- 2023-02-03 "This partnership will simplify water management for the CEA industry"
- 2023-02-03 Proseal marks a 25-year milestone
- 2023-02-03 A cherry tomato that tastes like summer even in winter
- 2023-02-03 US (CT): Horticulture representative transplants to Midsouth and new one takes over in California
- 2023-02-03 Agri-voltaic systems as a great income opportunity for young producers
- 2023-02-03 Smaller chicory yield expected in Belgium
- 2023-02-03 Constant level of demand despite price increase of 10 to 20 percent for thyme