- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
SUNSET® Y.E.L.O.™ wins best new vegetable award
"We're honoured to receive the Best New Vegetable Award for Y.E.L.O.™," stated CEO Paul Mastronardi. "We knew from the start that Y.E.L.O.™ had incredible colour, flavour and quality and this award certainly validates that."
Mastronardi Produce launched SUNSET® Y.E.L.O.™ at the 2013 PMA Fresh Summit to rave reviews. Since then, it's become known as A Taste of Sunshine™, bringing bright colour and flavour to consumers across North America.
"Y.E.L.O.™ comes from the same greenhouse as Campari® brand cocktail tomatoes, so consumers know it's a product they'll love," continued Mastronardi. "With such a bright, unique colour and nearly 50% more Vitamin C than other red tomatoes, Y.E.L.O.™ has definitely become a foodie and family classic."
Y.E.L.O.™ brand cocktail tomatoes are currently sold in SUNSET® top seal clamshells as well as Campari® combo packs, offering consumers two bright colours in one perfect package.
"Mastronardi Produce has been leading the greenhouse industry for 60 years and has certainly become known for their flavour and quality," stated John Toner, Vice President of United Fresh. "I'd like to congratulate them for leading innovation within the industry and introducing such a great new vegetable product to consumers everywhere."
SUNSET® Campari® and Y.E.L.O.™ can be found this summer at retailers across North America.
For more information:
Tel: 519 326 1491
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-29 Australia: baby cucumbers launch limited edition football pack to promote as a healthy sporting snack
- 2022-11-08 New blackberry and raspberry launching in 2023
- 2022-10-25 ‘Kawaguchi RZ meets Chinese consumers’ requirements for pink tomatoes’
- 2022-10-21 New snack packaging for tomatoes unveiled
- 2022-10-19 "We have launched a reuseable 4G wireless temperature and humidity location recorder with light sensors"
- 2022-10-18 “Company clothing is part of the operation in terms of hygiene, appearance, and comfort”
- 2022-10-12 Dutch bell pepper grower gets new automated crate processing line
- 2022-10-05 Shock-sensing data logger with food shapes replicate movement of fruit and vegetables during handling and transport
- 2022-10-05 “The impact of visibility on global trade flows is rising”
- 2022-10-04 Narrow strawberry tray saves grower 10% on substrate
- 2022-10-04 “Good tastes like more”
- 2022-10-03 "We have been able to contain the cucumber mosaic virus much better"
- 2022-09-30 Laser microperforated packaging prevents fresh produce waste
- 2022-09-26 Royal Brinkman and Kam’s Growers Supply launch Valent truss support clip
- 2022-09-15 Chopped salad line kit gets three new flavors
- 2022-08-25 Drop peppers: A niche product appreciated for their look and taste
- 2022-08-22 AI pest & disease detection platform to be distributed by Cultivatd
- 2022-08-08 BioTherm improves performance of their finned heating products
- 2022-07-20 Interesting novelty in the green oblong tomato segment
- 2022-07-12 New organic salad kits and blends line debuts in plant-based compostable bags