- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Specialist Kwekersrecht en Merkenrecht
- Sales Manager - Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
How the crop protection industry protects more than just crops
Each year the SUI conference is organised in one of the countries where the Safe and Sustainable Use Initiative (SUI) is delivered in partnership with other stakeholders. The initiative is running in 16 countries, and helps to provide farmers and operators with an easy-to-use toolbox of solutions to ensure safety, the sustainable use of pesticides and the production of high quality food for a growing population.
'The safe and sustainable initiative is a great example of how knowledge exchange and knowledge transfer can provide appropriate solutions to current challenges. This conference provides a forum for all key players to share best practices on how to approach and train the farmers’ – said Jean-Charles Bocquet, Director General of ECPA.‘
The SUI Project has been initiated in Serbia in 2012 and it is the 16th project joining the Safe and Sustainable Use Initiatives. “Compliance with product labels and recommendations on protective clothing is very important for farmers’ health and the environment. In Serbia we have realised the effectiveness and value of raising farmer awareness of the importance of safe and sustainable use practices” – commented Dragana Dimitrijevic, Executive Manager of Serbian Crop Protection Association. Today the SUI project is run in partnership with other key stakeholders like the Ministry of agriculture and environmental protection and Extension Services. “At the same time it is important to communicate to the public the benefits that pesticides bring to sustainable agriculture and farmers, and the extensive training that the crop protection industry provides in order to further improve safe use” – she continued.
SECPA and ECPA are committed to enhancing farmer knowledge on best practice handling of pesticides, including appropriate use of protective clothing, and safe storage, application and disposal of empty containers.
For more information
European Crop Protection Association
T: +32 473 90 03 64
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-26 New survey to quantify catastrophic loss from the ToBRFV
- 2022-01-25 "Start signalling and monitoring thrips on time"
- 2022-01-21 Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- 2022-01-18 US (CA): Devastating virus challenges lettuce growers
- 2022-01-18 India: chilli farmers face threats from invasive pests and demand appropriate tech
- 2022-01-17 Report: German rules on crop protection have major shortcomings
- 2022-01-17 "Paving the way for breeding ToLCV-resistant hybrids"
- 2022-01-12 Controlling greenhouse pests with biological agents in winter
- 2022-01-12 Device sniffs out the "smell-fingerprints" of pestered plants
- 2022-01-11 Spanish Orius-System performance improved with new biodegradable packaging
- 2022-01-07 "Greenhouse sector always on the lookout for alternatives to chemical crop protection"
- 2022-01-05 Restructuring and new managing director at the Andermatt Group
- 2022-01-05 Belgian start-up helps tomato growers protect crops
- 2022-01-05 Improved strategy for thrips control in peppers
- 2022-01-05 Research shows a more environmentally friendly way to control strawberry pests
- 2022-01-03 UV-C study now includes strawberry propagation and other pests
- 2022-01-03 "Heating completely kills virus in water"
- 2021-12-23 Australia: New robot traps pests for 80kms
- 2021-12-23 "Beware the thrips double trouble in bell peppers"
- 2021-12-21 Maximizing the effective life of plant protection products