Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
FoodVentures and Philips announce Georgian LED project
The state-of-the-art greenhouse is supposed to be completed and put in operation by the end of 2014. By that time 884 Philips GreenPower LED toplighting modules will be installed by Philips LED Horti Partner Lek/Habo. The full LED lighting solution is designed to reach a light level of 90 µmol/s/m². With the LED lighting system they intend to produce year-round, and shorten the production cycle.
FoodVentures, a Dutch owned company, develops several greenhouse projects in emerging economies together with Dutch growers. Projects currently under development are based in Ukraine, Turkey and Georgia. These emerging economies should aim for their fair share on fresh production by developing greenhouse projects. FoodVentures believes in a knowledge- and technology transfer from the Netherlands to emerging economies to achieve this goal. They support investors and growers in their investment planning, -decisions, and project execution.
The new facility in Georgia will also become a demo-case for all other potential investors interested in developing the greenhouse industry in Georgia, and the Caucasus region. Though energy prices are relatively low, the big gain is in quality improvement and climate control.
For more information
Horticulture LED Solutions
Marjan Welvaarts, Global MarCom Manager
High Tech Campus 45, Ground Floor
PO Box 80020
5600 JM Eindhoven
T: (+31) 040-275 6499
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 "We consider every aspect of bell pepper cultivation to keep moving toward energy-neutral farming"
- 2022-08-10 Nova Siri Genetics research for strawberry cultivation
- 2022-08-10 Call for research needs in aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- 2022-08-10 "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- 2022-08-10 PT: Biobest steps up presence in Portugal with acquisition of Agronologica, changes name to Biobest Portugal
- 2022-08-10 4 case studies on monitoring and optimizing irrigation
- 2022-08-10 US (CA): Rotational fungicide approved for sale in CA
- 2022-08-10 New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
- 2022-08-10 Shouguang, Shandong: the capital of vegetables in China
- 2022-08-10 “Developing varieties with resistances takes time but it’s an important role we play as plant breeders”
- 2022-08-10 Western Growers mourns the passing of Hank Giclas
- 2022-08-10 India: Yara Growth invests $50M in ag-fintech company
- 2022-08-10 All Florida pesticide exams now available online
- 2022-08-09 US (ID): Syngenta debuts $15 million global vegetable seeds quality control lab
- 2022-08-09 Cualin Quality signs an agreement with Rijk Zwaan to produce Reddery RZ cherry tomatoes at its high-tech facilities
- 2022-08-09 UK: £15,000 vouchers available for horticultural, food and drink research
- 2022-08-09 Acquiring contracting companies results in Veldhoven Loonwerk
- 2022-08-09 Bowery and Arkansas Agricultural Experiment Station to develop disease-resistant spinach
- 2022-08-09 "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"