PlantLab, a privately owned Dutch company that specializes in controlled environment agriculture with a global reach, has selected Illumitex as the exclusive supplier of advanced LED technology for its new 66,000-square-foot research and development centre, which officially opens in September.
PlantLab employs PPU’s (Plant Production Units) based on revolutionary technology and proprietary algorithms to optimize the production of different crops. PlantLab’s patented technology is applicable in many fields such as: breeding, pharmaceutics, ingredients, cosmetics, flavourings and fragrances, speciality foods, flowers, potted plants, vegetables and fruits. By utilizing PPU’s and proprietary mathematical models, state-of-the-art LED systems, air control advances and maximum water control solutions, PlantLab’s innovations remove the typical variables that hinder crop growth and delivery. This means it is now possible to accurately control crop yields, growing times, nutritional content and other factors such as taste and appearance.
“We are happy with Illumitex as the supplier of the most sophisticated LED systems for our specific purposes in our new R&D facility,” said Leon van Duijn, PlantLab CTO.
Illumitex Inc., a vertically integrated maker of innovative horticulture LED lighting solutions, will exclusively supply its new research LED light fixture, Quantum, for PlantLab’s new R&D centre. Quantum is the most advanced plant research tool available today, allowing PlantLab researchers the ability to precisely dial in a specific balance of wavelengths to develop a precise spectrum. In addition to the fine granularity of control, the Quantum provides the same industry-leading uniformity and light intensity distribution as Illumitex’s other grow light fixtures.
“PlantLab and Illumitex agree that vanishing resources mean humanity cannot continue to rely on traditional methods of growing plants,” said Chris Hammelef, Illumitex CEO.
For more information
5307 Industrial Oaks Blvd.
Austin, TX 78735
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- Research uncovers a new approach to cooling greenhouse irrigation water
- Pepsico’s greenhouse accelerator program call for applications is now open
- What role do weeds play in the transmission of ToBRFV?
- Spain: Phase 1 of tomato glasshouse completed and operational, phase 2 underway
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "We harvest 40,000 heads of lettuce per day"
- How a New Zealand grower has built and is expanding a successful multi-fruit orchard
- Japanese Berry Pop fresh strawberry seeds now available for global markets
- Kuwait: Aeroponic greenhouse to continue country's effort to cut down import
- Spain: Cost of greenhouse tomato production up by 34% in Almería
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-22 "The Lego principle allows us to increase or decrease the size of the farms at any time"
- 2023-03-22 Royal Brinkman and Moleaer expand cooperation in Mexico
- 2023-03-21 Dutch company expands sales team and adds exotics to its range
- 2023-03-21 4th annual expanded CEA survey released
- 2023-03-21 Fruit and Vegetable Growers of Canada celebrates successful centennial annual general meeting
- 2023-03-21 CEO GreenV moves to FrieslandCampina
- 2023-03-21 Cees den Boer, co-founder Svensson Netherlands, passed away
- 2023-03-20 Ian Rasmussen new CEO of Paardekooper Group
- 2023-03-20 Artechno Growsystems move to new headquarters
- 2023-03-17 Indonesia: iFarm to build vertical farm on Bali
- 2023-03-17 Tina Perry joins Priva North America as Sales Account Manager
- 2023-03-16 Storm, ToBRFV and hail cause above-average loss figures for horticultural insurance company
- 2023-03-16 Dutch cooperatives team up for TOV auction sales
- 2023-03-16 Dutch companies merge
- 2023-03-15 Deal signed for strawberry smart-farming project
- 2023-03-15 Fertilizer producer returns to profit after huge loss in 2021
- 2023-03-15 CAN (NB): Funded indoor farm to kick off operations this year
- 2023-03-15 “We can help growers to unlock the full potential of their sustainability management”
- 2023-03-15 The pizzutello tomato that brings back the flavors of the past
- 2023-03-14 Rijk Zwaan builds a second facility for seed treatment and storage in De Lier