- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
Successful Growtech for Odus
Turkey: Bio-pesticides popular at Growtech Antalya
"There was particular interest in our Silica series – Dobogen, Dobogen Micro, Dobogenia and Dobogen K," said Caine. "The products have shown up to 80% increase in crop yield. As well as this there was demand for our Bio Pesticide range – Aphid K, Winia Doctor and Imperial S. As there is a trend to move away from excessive chemical pesticide use, many farmers across the world are looking for alternative methods to protect their crops against pest and disease. This was definitely reflected amongst the visitors of Growtech."
During the fair, Odus partnered with their local distributor, Roamtech. "Together with them our Silica product was introduced to an audience of knowledgeable growers from Antalya's greenhouse industry along with Agronomists, distributors and retailers," said Caine who added that even experts from the Istanbul and black sea rice growing areas joined.
"We were able to demonstrate our remarkable results in Greenhouse crops and Rice within Turkey where Bioguard, the local tradename for Odus' Silica product, has demonstrated 30% yield increase on greenhouse crops including tomatoes and on rice."
"Throughout the 2012-2013 growing season our Dobogen (Bioguard in Turkey) trials have yielded good results and enjoyed promising initial sales in the greenhouse industry. We look forward to 2014-2015 in expanding our range within Turkey both in Rice and Greenhouse crops and are now actively working with several local partners as a result of our Growtech meetings."
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- 2022-01-18 US (CA): Devastating virus challenges lettuce growers
- 2022-01-18 India: chilli farmers face threats from invasive pests and demand appropriate tech
- 2022-01-17 Report: German rules on crop protection have major shortcomings
- 2022-01-17 "Paving the way for breeding ToLCV-resistant hybrids"
- 2022-01-12 Controlling greenhouse pests with biological agents in winter
- 2022-01-12 Device sniffs out the "smell-fingerprints" of pestered plants
- 2022-01-11 Spanish Orius-System performance improved with new biodegradable packaging
- 2022-01-07 "Greenhouse sector always on the lookout for alternatives to chemical crop protection"
- 2022-01-05 Restructuring and new managing director at the Andermatt Group
- 2022-01-05 Belgian start-up helps tomato growers protect crops
- 2022-01-05 Improved strategy for thrips control in peppers
- 2022-01-05 Research shows a more environmentally friendly way to control strawberry pests
- 2022-01-03 UV-C study now includes strawberry propagation and other pests
- 2022-01-03 "Heating completely kills virus in water"
- 2021-12-23 Australia: New robot traps pests for 80kms
- 2021-12-23 "Beware the thrips double trouble in bell peppers"
- 2021-12-21 Maximizing the effective life of plant protection products
- 2021-12-21 Recommendations to prevent the New Delhi virus in zucchini with biological control
- 2021-12-20 "Implementing control against greenhouse whitefly in strawberry crops still certainly effective"