Your first clue that Floral Plant Growers is the largest greenhouse in the state of Wisconsin comes when an employee goes whizzing by on a bicycle. That’s a bike inside the greenhouse. The company in the unincorporated town of Curran, just east of Denmark, sprawls 22 acres, and from the road out front to the farthest point of the building is a quarter-mile jaunt, so sometimes it just makes sense for the 120 to 130 full-time and 250 seasonal employees to travel on wheels rather than by foot to get from one end to the other.
“There is always something growing here,’’ says tour guide and account manager Kathy Pantzlaff, who started her career at Floral Plant Growers 29 years ago as a high school student working on one of the transplant lines. She’s done nearly every job in between, with the exception of changing plastic on the greenhouse roofs.
The wholesale-only company, which also has facilities in Indiana, Iowa and South Dakota, grows everything from bedding plants to perennials to herbs to fall mums. Millions of them.
Click here for the complete article with Floral Plant Growers at greenbaypressgazette.com
More info on Floral Plant Growers : http://www.natbeauty.com/
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- Research uncovers a new approach to cooling greenhouse irrigation water
- Pepsico’s greenhouse accelerator program call for applications is now open
- What role do weeds play in the transmission of ToBRFV?
- Spain: Phase 1 of tomato glasshouse completed and operational, phase 2 underway
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "We harvest 40,000 heads of lettuce per day"
- How a New Zealand grower has built and is expanding a successful multi-fruit orchard
- Japanese Berry Pop fresh strawberry seeds now available for global markets
- Kuwait: Aeroponic greenhouse to continue country's effort to cut down import
- Spain: Cost of greenhouse tomato production up by 34% in Almería
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 IE: "Growers need greater support"
- 2023-03-21 India: Start-up provides automation push for hydroponic farm
- 2023-03-21 US (NC): Winston-Salem picks food distribution nonprofit to run hydroponic farm
- 2023-03-17 Good demand and fair average prices for Italian dark green courgettes
- 2023-03-15 Tanzian grower on a mission to boost horti landscape
- 2023-03-14 “We’re trying to do everything we can today so we can hunker down tomorrow”
- 2023-03-13 "I now have almost more photos of bell peppers than of my two-year-old son"
- 2023-03-13 Increasing demand for plastic ducts for soilless cultivation
- 2023-03-10 Tea growers make real horticultural tea together
- 2023-03-10 "We have built a completely separate ecosystem here"
- 2023-03-10 Growing saffron in a container farm
- 2023-03-09 British Columbia: Touch-free leafy greens poised to hit grocery shelves this month
- 2023-03-09 Taking aim at specialities to stand out from the crowd
- 2023-03-09 Quebec greenhouse grower rebrands into Cultures Gen V
- 2023-03-08 Rijk Zwaan partners up with Greenhouse Sisters for Carapaz RZ
- 2023-03-07 Neurodiversity in vertical farming: bringing an overlooked workforce to the forefront
- 2023-03-06 US (GA): Forging pathways to land access for BIPOC growers
- 2023-03-06 “We now ventilate above the screens and that helps us get rid of extra humidity"
- 2023-03-03 Hong Kong youth bring farm hopes to Guangdong
- 2023-03-02 "I prefer the bags over the slabs as they hold a bit more medium per plant"