- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- One of Sweden's largest tomato growers to stop cultivation during winter
- Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
- Drones fly through tomato rows in International Greenhouse Challenge
Zayintec develops new white cucumber for Dutch market
A market survey conducted in Central European countries, in collaboration with local dealers, confirmed the interest of wholesale operators to offer original and attractive vegetables that encourage the consumption of fresh vegetables. After discarding several options, Zayintec finally decided to develop a white cucumber of Almeria type, with excellent organoleptic properties, and that represents "a return to origins, for Dutch and Belgian consumers, that remind some traditional specialities that are produced in small quantities and are now difficult to find, " explains Francisco Bermudez, CEO of Zayintec .
Banglas F1 is in his last year of testing before moving to marketing on a large scale in the next campaign. The test results are very promising, as it has attracted much attention and great interest among distributors and consumers. With a unique shape and colour in its segment, Banglas F1 opens up exciting new possibilities for the marketing of a vegetable that has hardly innovated in decades. A taste sweeter and more intense, along with a unique colour of its own, will allow its combination with dark green cucumber in the same package and develop a new presentation inspired by the well-known pepper tricolor (single package with red, green and yellow pepper).
Zayintec expects that the interest shown by Dutch traders and companies will generate trade agreements with Almeria providers. Thus, consumer demand will help to create a new crop in Almeria that will help to improve the profitability of the producers. In addition, F1 Banglas also benefits the distributor, because of its excellent postharvest behaviour that allows to reach more distant markets, thanks to its less water containing that causes greater life.
For now, the tastings organized by Zayintec, in collaboration with Gaby Restoration Group, have shown a substantial difference in flavour and sugar content with respect to green cucumber. In the mouth, white cucumber is further distinguished by having a smoother texture and an easier digestion. Those attending the tastings, recognised and agreed that Banglas F1 is perfect to accompany and enrich cold dishes.
This variety of intermediate internodes, with only female flowers and autofecundable, is a plant of intermediate vigour and gives one fruit per juncture. The production is very uniform in size and shape, and the fruits have a well drawn longitudinally ribbed, no bottleneck. This strain is resistant to yellow vein virus (CVYV), cucumber mosaic virus (CMV) and yellows virus (CYSDV). Banglas F1 is especially recommended for early and spring plantings and its performance is similar to green Almería type.
Zayintec is a company established in 2009 for the generation of value added products for horticultural sector. Its activity is focused on plant breeding and horticultural specialities obtaining exclusive products that generate new consumer trends and better prices for the farmer.
So far, the work done by the team of research experts has become an international benchmark and has enabled the company to achieve significant market position in North Africa, Middle East and Eastern Europe. Zayintec, located at the University of Almería, has permanent lines of collaboration with research centres.
For more information: http://www.zayintec.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-30 KeyGene early adopter of MGI sequencing
- 2022-09-30 Mega aeroponic greenhouse multiplies potato seeds in Rwanda
- 2022-09-30 Family behind James Bond franchise claims to have named ‘broccoli’
- 2022-09-29 Totam Seeds presents new tomato varieties
- 2022-09-27 Multiplex gene editing creates tomato cultivars with fruit colors
- 2022-09-26 New varieties, soil health and hydroponic cultivation at Enza Zaden Summer Field Days
- 2022-09-26 High production in data-driven cucumber greenhouse BASF 's Gravenzande
- 2022-09-08 UCF Botanical Society to create enhanced peppers through plant breeding project
- 2022-09-08 Researchers propose new framework for regulating engineered crops
- 2022-09-07 RaboResearch: Specialty crops to test appetite for gene editing
- 2022-09-02 “Food has to be tasty to drive repeat purchase and growth”
- 2022-08-29 UK: Drones proven to aid plant breeding in identifying valuable new crop traits
- 2022-08-12 US (NE): 'Powerful' cherry tomato judged best tasting
- 2022-07-20 Satara duo’s tomato diary provides farmers a step-by-step guide to grow quality produce
- 2022-07-15 China to build international agricultural breeding center in Hainan
- 2022-07-15 Excessive-protein, edible crop selection developed that ‘thrives’ on fallow land
- 2022-07-08 The world's tiniest tomato: difficult to grow, but consumers love it
- 2022-07-07 Tomato Rosamunda on shelves in shops all over Poland
- 2022-06-28 Cornell University once created purple strawberries
- 2022-06-27 "In China, the pink beef tomato is very popular"