- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
lettuce sold in 'peat block' doubling shelf life
Canada: VÔG greenhouse organic lettuce now offered in Metro stores
"We are constantly trying to maximize the accessibility and the promotion of local products. In that context, we are pleased to once again work with Les Serres Lefort, a great example of an innovative Quebec supplier. Consumers wishing to buy Quebec products will be able to quickly locate this lettuce by the VÔG ORGANIC label and the Aliments du Québec organic label", said Bernadette Hamel, Metro's Vice-President, National Procurement - Produce.
A cube of earth called "peat block" enables part of the root system of the lettuce to be maintained, thus doubling the vegetable's shelf life. VÔG ORGANIC lettuce can be found in Metro stores, and will benefit from a promotional offer during the week beginning November 7.
"We are delighted about this new agreement with Metro and we hope that consumers will once again enjoy our products. Judging by their reaction to our greenhouse sweet peppers, they see a real advantage to eating fresh local products all year long", commented Sylvain Lefort, President of Les Serres Lefort.
This agreement is in line with the spirit of the local purchasing policy that Metro announced last May, of which one of the three guiding principles is to make Metro the main ally of innovative suppliers. In so doing, Metro confirms its interest for Quebec suppliers who want and who are able to continuously develop their products or their production and who show growth potential with respect to distribution. Metro's local purchasing policy can be consulted on the corporate website.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-08 New blackberry and raspberry launching in 2023
- 2022-10-25 ‘Kawaguchi RZ meets Chinese consumers’ requirements for pink tomatoes’
- 2022-10-21 New snack packaging for tomatoes unveiled
- 2022-10-19 "We have launched a reuseable 4G wireless temperature and humidity location recorder with light sensors"
- 2022-10-18 “Company clothing is part of the operation in terms of hygiene, appearance, and comfort”
- 2022-10-12 Dutch bell pepper grower gets new automated crate processing line
- 2022-10-05 Shock-sensing data logger with food shapes replicate movement of fruit and vegetables during handling and transport
- 2022-10-05 “The impact of visibility on global trade flows is rising”
- 2022-10-04 Narrow strawberry tray saves grower 10% on substrate
- 2022-10-04 “Good tastes like more”
- 2022-10-03 "We have been able to contain the cucumber mosaic virus much better"
- 2022-09-30 Laser microperforated packaging prevents fresh produce waste
- 2022-09-26 Royal Brinkman and Kam’s Growers Supply launch Valent truss support clip
- 2022-09-15 Chopped salad line kit gets three new flavors
- 2022-08-25 Drop peppers: A niche product appreciated for their look and taste
- 2022-08-22 AI pest & disease detection platform to be distributed by Cultivatd
- 2022-08-08 BioTherm improves performance of their finned heating products
- 2022-07-20 Interesting novelty in the green oblong tomato segment
- 2022-07-12 New organic salad kits and blends line debuts in plant-based compostable bags
- 2022-07-12 Simple GoMicro device can measure food spoilage