Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
Europe: Senior debt financing helped Looije Tomaten to expand
Looije came to NIBC and fellow bank ABN AMRO when he wanted to buy extra land and expand production and packaging capacity. He was in a hurry: he needed the financing quickly so he could order new greenhouses in time to launch the winter season production cycle.
"This was a great opportunity to make a difference to a truly entrepreneurial company," says Hans Rijnberg, Director on the Food, Agri, Retail (FAR) team.
"The agri sector has been through some tough times, but we're convinced that in every industry there are good businesspeople and good transactions that merit financing," says Hans. "This deal really came at a critical moment for Looije Tomaten, which is the heart of our mission as a bank."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-11 Central Alberta farmers hit by hailstorm ask for fruit and vegetable crop insurance
- 2022-08-11 James, Jack and the 13 feet cucumber plant
- 2022-08-10 UK: "Now into its 16th season, this site is still extremely efficient"
- 2022-08-09 How Singapore is turning multi-story car parks into farms
- 2022-08-09 Italy: New 2 hectare project makes products available all year round
- 2022-08-09 Dutch Berries: 20 hectares of high-tech strawberry cultivation
- 2022-08-08 Japanese strawberry grower increases production thanks to hanging kit
- 2022-08-08 IE: Boyne Valley community greenhouses helping to feed the hungry
- 2022-08-08 NZ: Downsizing crops, but passion for tomatoes remains strong
- 2022-07-22 Belgium: "In comparison to last year, we’ve doubled production, as well as our revenue"
- 2022-07-22 China: New demand for leafy vegetables brings opportunity to the industry
- 2022-07-21 China: Looking into a 73 hectare greenhouse park
- 2022-07-19 How plants are cooling greenhouses during the heatwave
- 2022-07-14 US (NY): Food trends are driving the demand for specialty mushrooms
- 2022-07-12 German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- 2022-07-11 "New farms start operating by the end of the year"
- 2022-07-07 "Once you have fought temperatures above 35°C for strawberries, leafy greens aren't very daunting"
- 2022-07-05 Founder of Fairtrasa opens up during podcast about being kidnapped by Mexican gangsters
- 2022-06-29 Cock van Overbeek passed away
- 2022-06-20 Improve greenhouse management efficiency to counter lack of labor