- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
farmers facing 'crop protection crunch' due to challenging regulatory environment:
EU: Less money spent on crop protection research
As a result, the number of new active ingredients being developed and introduced in the EU is decreasing despite an increase in global expenditure on agricultural research and development.
The decline in Europe’s share of global research investment across the agricultural life sciences sector, including GM-related research, has dropped from 33 per cent in the 1980s to 7.7 per cent in 2013.
Crop Protection Association (CPA) chief executive Nick von Westenholz, said the withdrawal of research investment from Europe was a ‘straightforward commercial response’ to Europe’s challenging regulatory environment.
He said it deprived Europe’s farmers of new crop protection solutions which would help them meet the growing demand for healthy and affordable food.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-28 Spray boom full of traps to catch pests
- 2022-06-28 Biosecurity advice: Blueberry rust Western Australia
- 2022-06-24 CABY virus resurfaces in cucumber greenhouse: "Sometimes there was hardly any aphid to be found in the crop"
- 2022-06-24 New ToBRFV-resistant varieties presented for Mexico
- 2022-06-24 How can the seed sector contribute to the sustainable use of pesticides?
- 2022-06-22 Controlling Cercospora leaf spot in beet in 2022
- 2022-06-21 Vegetables tainted with ToBRFV were imported to Russia
- 2022-06-21 Cucurbit powdery mildew control in 2022
- 2022-06-20 ZeroTol 2.0 helps reduce resistance in IPM programs
- 2022-06-20 IntraLight launches next-gen pesticide, protecting crops without chemicals
- 2022-06-17 South Africa plays a critical role in the continent's crop protection industry
- 2022-06-17 US: APHIS seeks public comment on proposed changes for revising pest regulation lists
- 2022-06-17 South Africa plays critical role in continent’s crop protection sector
- 2022-06-17 Tradecorp launches new biostimulant worldwide
- 2022-06-14 "Cleaning machine reduces need for expensive algae control chemicals"
- 2022-06-14 Organifarms and Biobest win GreenTech Innovation Awards 2022
- 2022-06-08 Prevention of algae formation with Intra Hydropure
- 2022-06-08 Nano-sensor detects pesticides on fruit in minutes
- 2022-06-06 Latest developments in high-tech strawberry IPM
- 2022-06-02 Tea leaves grower shares tips on how to keep aphids at bay