Top 5 -yesterday
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
Top 5 -last month
- Vertical farming technologies tool in researching and fighting diseases
- German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- "Water is the new gold"
- Growing strawberries from seeds becoming increasingly popular
- Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
Global Cooling offers free guides to forced-air precooling
Now, according to Global's Founder and President, Jim Still, the company also offers free precooling tips and advice. Jim Thompson, of UC-Davis, is authoring a series of informative articles about forced-air precooling, in conjunction with Global Cooling, and all articles will be available for free at Global's websites.
“We have worked with Jim Thompson for a number of years”, Still explained. “He has been a great, great help to us. I can't imagine that there is anyone in the world with more knowledge of, and experience with, pre-cooling.” Jim Thompson is co-author of
“Commercial Cooling of Fruits, Vegetables, and Flowers”, as well as numerous other how-to and research articles on many postharvest topics. The subject of precooling is one of his favorite topics. “Once the product has lost its water,” according to Still, “you can't put it back again.”
For more information, including a free copy of “Temperature and Quality”, visit
www.Pre-Coolers.net or www.NE-Postharvest.com
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-12 New application for disinfection of fresh-cut fruits by means ozone in the packaging
- 2022-07-07 New cold storage and research rooms put into operation at Proeftuin Randwijk
- 2022-07-07 Fruit that always has the best taste and bite thanks to All-in-One Spectral Cabinet
- 2022-06-30 50% more plants thanks to new strawberry cultivation system
- 2022-06-01 Proseal pioneers workable alternatives to plastic tray sealing
- 2022-05-27 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution
- 2022-05-27 Is the economy threatening packaging sustainability?
- 2022-05-11 Drivers: the unsung heroes of the horticultural industry
- 2022-05-03 Canadian grower backs five-year plastics research project
- 2022-04-25 US (GA): Horticultural container manufacturer to invest $44 million in Toombs County
- 2022-04-06 Beekenkamp introduces new transport boxes for better automatic processing
- 2022-04-04 "Display enables nice placement of herbs and optimal brand presentation"
- 2022-03-30 Fast and flexible closing machine for cardboard trays with flaps
- 2022-03-30 'Perfecting trade amid overwhelming global developments'
- 2022-03-24 UK: Plastic Packaging Tax comes into force on April 1
- 2022-03-21 "Avoiding excess packaging and wastage"
- 2022-03-18 Wageningen University & Research extends roadmap for more sustainable food packaging
- 2022-03-17 "US shows a strong demand for flexible and innovative packaging lines for greenhouse-grown produce"
- 2022-03-17 "Refrigerated vehicles can be kept at service temperatures thanks to modern e-cooling systems"
- 2022-03-16 Belgian strawberry grower creates tool to asses sustainability of packaging