- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
NY apple growers evaluating orchard improvement techniques
Robinson and his research team have developed a precision thinning technique that helps growers prevent too many fruits from reducing apple size and yield. This Summer the research team demonstrated the use of motorized platforms for hand thinning orchards as well as use of mechanized sidewall shearing at Everett Orchards in Peru, NY. “Dr. Robinson has had trials comparing four different growing systems in our orchards since 2002. His research work has been the clearest indicator of what types of systems work best for our operation. He has calculated the best return on investment for the different systems and that has helped us and all the growers in the region,” grower Tom Everett says.
The NNYADP-funded apple research also includes the development of a precision irrigation calculation model to help apple growers boost crops in dry years. Forrence Orchards in Peru has hosted the NNYADP irrigation trials. Once the fall 2013 harvest is complete, Robinson will begin evaluating data on fruit set, size, quality, and yield, and will calculate gross crop value for the apples grown using the thinning techniques and the irrigation technique at three Northern New York apple orchards.
The results will be presented to growers at the Cornell Winter Fruit School in February 2014 and reported in a 2014 issue of the NY Fruit Quarterly Magazine sent to nearly 700 commercial apple growers in New York State.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-24 US: Produce imports plug winter gaps
- 2022-01-24 Former janitor now enjoys planting veggies
- 2022-01-24 Colder temperatures slow organic lettuce production
- 2022-01-24 UK: How to clean a 5 acre tomato greenhouse
- 2022-01-20 Strawberry growers welcome multiple benefits of new biocontrols applicator
- 2022-01-20 How to control the temperature of a saffron farm?
- 2022-01-19 Gazan farmers adopt green economy to reap financial harvest
- 2022-01-18 Philippines: Antique’s upland farmers start planting greenhouse crops
- 2022-01-17 "Year-round snack cucumbers thanks to an optimal LED light recipe"
- 2022-01-17 How to prepare a greenhouse for winter cloudy and snowy days
- 2022-01-14 Changhua's cherry tomatoes have been fully ordered before harvesting
- 2022-01-14 Gigantic cabbage from southern Taiwan ‘listens to music’ every day
- 2022-01-14 UK: 12,000 tomatoes from two plants at Sea Spring Seeds
- 2022-01-14 Japan is testing grow-in-a-bag plant technology in space
- 2022-01-14 Vertical technology keeps strawberries warm in gutters
- 2022-01-13 "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- 2022-01-12 Climate smart agriculture farmers on the rise in Dagana, Bhutan
- 2022-01-07 In a 1000 sq ft garden, Patna man grows over 100 varieties of fruits & veggies
- 2022-01-07 Diary of a space zucchini, 10 years on
- 2022-01-07 "The future is going to be automation"