- Grower Manager Fresh Produce
- Senior Commercial Manager (Sales and Procurement)
- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Mexico: Rising Farms boosts capacity fivefold
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- Conventional and organic: greenhouse grower does it all
US: Fresh Del Monte Produce strengthens position in tomato industry
"We are very excited to expand our vertical integration in our tomato product line with this acquisition in North America," commented Mohammad Abu-Ghazaleh, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer with Fresh Del Monte Produce. "The acquisition of field grown tomato assets in Florida and Virginia complements our state-of-the-art greenhouse operations in Costa Rica and Guatemala, gives us the opportunity to continue to expand our tomato and vegetable product offerings, and enables us to provide our customers with high-quality, locally grown produce, strengthening our competitive position in the tomato industry. This acquisition is further proof of our commitment to our tomato category and expansion of our relationships with third party producers."
For more information:
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc.
Tel: +1 305-520-8433
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-07 Kenya: Tomato prices increased sharply over the last month
- 2023-02-07 "In a market with tight margins like in fresh produce, payments in local currency can make the difference"
- 2023-02-07 How can young people be won over to chicory?
- 2023-02-07 Prices strengthen for Mexican raspberries
- 2023-02-07 UK: House of Lords Inquiry “significant step in acknowledging importance of Environmental Horticulture”
- 2023-02-06 CAN (ON): Greenhouse industry experiencing growing pains
- 2023-02-06 "With an early Easter, it's vital that we get this product available"
- 2023-02-06 First producers' organization for fresh herbs founded in Italy
- 2023-02-06 The Greenery auctions Qcumber's first cucumbers for charity
- 2023-02-06 Currency devaluation enhances Egyptian competitiveness in the Gulf markets
- 2023-02-03 California canning tomato price at record high
- 2023-02-03 The Government of Spain will pay 300 million euro to farmers because of increased fertilizer prices
- 2023-02-03 "At the moment, the supply of vegetables available in Almeria is insufficient to meet the demand"
- 2023-02-03 Laredo District in Texas is number 1 for US-Mexico agricultural trade
- 2023-02-02 EU consumers save on food and buy less organic in 2022
- 2023-02-02 First Dutch aubergines back on shelves
- 2023-02-02 "70% of tomatoes in supermarket are now of foreign origin"
- 2023-02-02 High cucumber pricing factors into the 'salad category' demand
- 2023-02-02 India: Uttarakhand government to construct 50,000 poly houses in state: CM Dhami
- 2023-02-02 In 2022, the average price paid to Andalusian tomato producers was the highest of the last ten years