- Floral wholesaler Vida Verde Export has formally acquired wholesaler Planic, which will be integrated into the company Thermex that Vida Verde acquired earlier in June.
- The new trade fair HortiTech is set for 2014 and preparations are gaining steam, with the organization adding Frans-Peter Dechering – former HortiFair M.D. – to its team.
- Primula obconica ‘Touch Me’ has an official growers association to promote it as of this month, as Schoneveld Breeding, 13 growers and 2 suppliers erect the Touch Me+ partnership.
- Per October 1, Florensis and Combinations will commence a strategic cooperation in the production of annual- and perennial pot and bedding propagation material.
- As part of the GreenCHAINge project seeking to reduce Co2 emissions, the first shipping container of roses from Mombasa has arrived in The Netherlands in good order!
- Dutch rose creators Lex+ have opened a new showhouse in Kenya’s Naivasha, where its newest varieties will be highlighted.
- Rumors still circulate about significant troubles at Karuturi, with supplier Allpack Industries asking Kenya’s High Court to foreclose the flower farm and workers striking once again.
- Well-known online retailer Amazon has quietly added flowers to its online shopping inventory as of August, with the launch of the ‘Amazon Curated Flower Collection’.
- Imperial Nurseries and Monrovia Nursery have entered into an agreement whereby the former company will to a large extent be purchased by the latter.
- Valoya, leading company in horticultural LED lights, and OntopX, leading company in white light LED tubes, have announced cooperation.
- Flowers have also been successfully shipped from Colombia to Australia by Asocolflores member El Capiro, who has developed its own logistics process to manage the feat.
- Consultancy company I + D Sercapex from Costa Rica and AgriDesk España from Valencia (Spain) have recently confirmed their exclusive partnership to help stimulate trade between the countries.