- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
"Canada: "Organic crop yields higher than average"
Kessler is hoping he’ll be done with harvest in about two weeks, but said that time frame is heavily dependent on weather. “Weed control was a challenge this year,” said Kessler. He said the insects were numerous in some areas but didn’t seem to do a lot of damage.
“Prices (for organic crops) are starting to soften a bit but they’re still above the 10-year average,” said Kessler. “I can’t complain.” Grain movement in the organic sector is moving smoothly also. Kessler said he takes most of his crops to Lang or Mossbank and they get sent on from there, but he has had no trouble delivering any of his crop.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-01 Organic consumption holds up if the supply range is extended
- 2022-10-18 Organic Grower Summit 2022 announces Grower of the Year
- 2022-09-23 Texas A&M AgriLife research to improve organic spinach production
- 2022-08-09 Cost Share Organic Certification Fee application period still open
- 2022-07-07 Revamped baby leaf containers to debut at Organic Produce Summit
- 2022-02-24 Consultants in organic farming get to the heart of the matter with growers
- 2022-02-01 U.S. organic produce sales top $9 billion in 2021
- 2021-10-27 Canadian greenhouse grower expands organics program
- 2021-09-27 Organic shoppers demand sustainable packaging
- 2021-09-21 Greenhouse growers present on Organic Produce Summit
- 2021-09-16 The UK horticulture conference created by growers for growers is back!
- 2021-06-03 Booth registration opens for Organic Grower Summit
- 2021-06-01 Pinduoduo embarks on first-of-its-kind study into plant-based meats
- 2021-05-07 Organic pak choi grown in good Dutch soil
- 2021-04-26 The World Food Innovation Awards awards the Monterosa tomato as the best natural and organic product
- 2021-04-23 Strategic organic partnership carries over to upcoming show
- 2021-04-01 "A coherent strategy for organic is essential"
- 2021-03-31 "There are wonderful sustainable initiatives, they are just not organic"
- 2021-03-22 Judge rules: This lettuce can be organic
- 2021-03-08 Regulatory changes expected to restrict smaller companies’ ability to provide beneficial microbes