- Grower Manager Fresh Produce
- Senior Commercial Manager (Sales and Procurement)
- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Mexico: Rising Farms boosts capacity fivefold
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- Conventional and organic: greenhouse grower does it all
worldwide project pipeline for global geothermal projects:
Turkey's greenhouse industry to focus on geothermal energy
That sounds impressive, but the industry faces strong challenges everywhere. Projects need to secure government approval, public consent (sometimes complicated by local opposition), power purchase agreements and, last but not least, necessary financing. The latter has been particularly challenging.
According to the survey, the fourth largest market today is Turkey. With its continuously growing economy, Turkey is looking to geothermal to fuel its increasing energy demand. The country currently has some 780 megawatts under development, most of this utilizing lower-heat resources and combined development plans for power generation and direct use in greenhouse and district heating applications.
Click here for the entire article
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-06 USDA funding for free energy and water-use benchmarking expiring soon for greenhouse and CEA operators
- 2023-02-02 Study reveals environmental benefits of modified atmosphere packaging
- 2023-02-01 US renewable energy farms outstrip 99% of coal plants economically – study
- 2023-01-27 Pakistan's LNG crisis sparks dangerous 'bag gas' trade
- 2023-01-27 New bio-based shading agent delivered in powder form
- 2023-01-25 How habanero peppers respond to stress
- 2023-01-25 Crisis update: "European price cap could cause sudden market changes"
- 2023-01-23 ‘Green tech investors are looking at the US, not Europe’
- 2023-01-18 Passive sunning: Maximizing the efficiency of intelligent light and water
- 2023-01-13 Tanzania’s tomato growers need solar-powered cold storages
- 2023-01-11 "At current electricity prices, I think economic winter production is impossible"
- 2023-01-10 CAN: Prime Minister, no ‘one size fits all’ solution to curbing climate pollution from farms
- 2023-01-06 US (AK): Farming food and energy on the same land
- 2023-01-04 An electric boiler key to your successful and affordable energy mix?
- 2022-12-20 Improving energy efficiency in horticulture by conducting data-driven audits
- 2022-12-20 NL: Grid operators not shocked by growth in electricity demand for greenhouse horticulture
- 2022-12-19 Greenhouse horticulture takes and gives to electricity grid
- 2022-12-19 CombiVliet invests in sustainability for year-round tomato cultivation
- 2022-12-15 Do dehumidifiers really save energy?
- 2022-12-15 NFU Scotland: ‘Farming must be viewed as critical in energy bill review’