- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Specialist Kwekersrecht en Merkenrecht
- Sales Manager - Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
Peru approves import of South Korean peppers
"Green fruits cultivated in Korea have not previously been allowed in Peru, but a set of quarantine requirements was established after consultations between the two countries in June.
Growers wanting to export their pears or bell peppers to Peru will need apply for packhouse registration with their local authority of the Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency, and have their crops checked by a quarantine officer before the harvesting period.
Peru is the second Latin American country to grant Korea permission for fruit export since the settlement of requirements for apple and pear exports to Chile," the release said.
"The settlement of export requirements is expected to establish a bridgehead for Korean fruit exports to the Latin America. The Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency said that they will be making efforts to develop new export markets for major fruits and vegetables."
The US is currently the top receiver of Korean pears with 8,145 metric tonnes (MT) in 2012, followed by Thailand (6,317MT), Canada (206MT) and Indonesia (186MT). Japan is the biggest buyer by far of Korean bell peppers, with 21,216MT purchased in 2012, followed by Australia (3MT), the US (1.86MT) and Russia 1.5 (MT).
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-26 German greenhouse growers unite in new cooperation
- 2022-01-26 Frost risking greenhouse products in Albania
- 2022-01-26 India: Tomato prices crash in Chennai market
- 2022-01-26 World cucumber production breaks records in 2020
- 2022-01-25 Fresh produce prices expected to soar
- 2022-01-25 The 10 hottest chili peppers in the world
- 2022-01-25 "If you grow organic spinach you are onto a winner"
- 2022-01-25 India among largest exporters of cucumbers and gherkins
- 2022-01-25 'US consumers see impact of shipping backlogs and high truck rates when they do their shopping'
- 2022-01-25 "Spanish raspberry cultivation increasingly moving to Morocco"
- 2022-01-25 Giant capsicums appearing in Australian supermarkets
- 2022-01-25 "Paying in local currency could save European plant exporters plenty of money"
- 2022-01-25 Bulgaria: Greenhouse vegetables prices might jump in spring
- 2022-01-24 "There is no shortage of supply of fresh produce in South Australia"
- 2022-01-24 "We hope the sprout market will improve once the Belgian measures are eased"
- 2022-01-24 UK: Defra urged to respect levy vote result
- 2022-01-24 Three Turkmen enterprises get permission to supply tomatoes to Russia
- 2022-01-24 Spanish tomato exports to the UK remain at the same level they were before Brexit
- 2022-01-21 Strategies to manage supply chain issues
- 2022-01-21 EU puts a stop to tomato fraud gang