- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
over 500 exhibitors, 2,3 ha with demonstration greenhouses
Mexico: Largest edition yet for 18th Expo Agroalimentaria
“We started with 19 exhibitors at the first event, and this year we plan on having over 500 exhibitors,” said the event's director, Gustavo Garcia Balderas. Over 100,000 visitors are expected to come from North America, South America and Europe. Of the foreign contingent, most visitors will come from Spain, France, Colombia and Canada.
“The show's theme is covering all aspects from the field to plate, so it will cover a lot of things,” said Garcia. “We'll have demonstration greenhouses, speakers, security and all of the amenities associated with a large exposition of this kind.” He added that the event, which will take place on November 12 through 15, will have over 1,000 exhibition spots spread out over 32 hectares. Located in one of Mexico's central states, he noted that it will be geographically convenient for visitors coming from the United States as well as Central America and South America. Garcia said the event is geared toward showing new products as well as fostering business connections within the industry, which is key for new development in light of less funding from the government for horticultural projects.
“While there have been fewer funds for new developments, the private sector is still promising,” explained Garcia. “There are still many projects for new greenhouses in the private sector.”
For more information:
Expo Agroalimentaria Guanajuato
Lilian Ibara (e-mail)
By: Carlos Nunez
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-25 Vertical farming: A sustainable future?
- 2022-01-25 Research on urban gardening (RUG) 2022 virtual field day
- 2022-01-24 Omafra webinar on Covid supports & updates for agri-food operators
- 2022-01-24 Penn State Extension hosts greenhouse growers day
- 2022-01-24 New project aims for more pest-resilient food options in Bangladesh and the Philippines
- 2022-01-21 Brassica & leafy salad conference announcement
- 2022-01-20 Demo for hydroponic lettuce varieties
- 2022-01-20 Zimtrade turns to Dubai as gateway to Middle East
- 2022-01-20 US midwest greenhouse launches contest to win salad for a year
- 2022-01-19 Growth opportunities for AgriTech between Maryland and the Netherlands
- 2022-01-18 Eagle Academy for Young Men of Harlem celebrates opening of hydroponic class
- 2022-01-18 Colorful pallet of vegetables in the spotlight
- 2022-01-18 India: Offering freshlings and to-be-launched food computers
- 2022-01-18 AquaFarm & NovelFarm postponed
- 2022-01-18 Learn about hydroponic gardening
- 2022-01-17 BE CLIMATE supports Veganuary – again
- 2022-01-17 Upcoming Webinar – Priva's BioLogics for Plant Growth
- 2022-01-13 HortEx Vietnam rescheduled to 1 – 3 March 2023
- 2022-01-12 World Expo 2020 Dubai highlights Dutch horticulture technique
- 2022-01-12 Jonathan Webb, Founder & CEO, AppHarvest to join Indoor AgCon's speakers list