- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
Russia: Domestic seeds will help lessen EU dependance
According to Dunin, the domestic seed industry was destroyed in the 1990s-2000s and now is in the embryonic state. The Belorechensky Agro-Industrial Complex, CJSC, headed by Dunin, purchases high yielding potato hybrids from the Netherlands. The Dutch grow their seed potatoes in the most agriculturally favorable areas in Italy, Africa and Spain, sorting them by color, quality grade and size.
The Sverdlovsk Region is ready and willing to get out of the European bondage. The Belorechensky Agro-Industrial Complex, together with Kartofel, LLC, and the Agriculture Research Institute of the Russian Academy of Agriculture, prepared a business plan for the breeding center that will allow farmers to reduce their potato seed import by 50% or more. The cost of this center is 300 million rubles. The initiators of the project expect that the federal and regional government authorities will chip in together and allocate 100 million from each side. The Sredneuralsk government gave the go-ahead to the idea, which is now being scrutinized at the RF Ministry of Agriculture. If everything works out, the breeding center will start operating in 2014.
The most knotty problem of agrarians is disparity of prices. The unchangeable comparison between the prices of a kilogram of potatoes and a liter of diesel fuel is still not in their favor. In the opinion of producers, when vegetables are sold below their cost, the government must compensate the producers for the difference so that the farms could keep operating at the break-even point. They have such practices in foreign countries; the Tyumen Region opted for the same policy in 2011, having compensated direct costs of the agrarians.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-20 "Green shoots of Spring need green packaging options"
- 2022-01-19 BASF presents its new medium-cycle red California pepper with resistance to powdery mildew
- 2022-01-17 Peelsphere: Biomaterial made from fruit waste and algae
- 2022-01-11 In-house manufactured LEDs help growers to increase product quality and yield
- 2022-01-10 China: Pineapple-flavored strawberries sought after by the market
- 2022-01-04 Calinda strawberry will begin its 7th season
- 2021-12-24 Registration system means bonuses, ties, and savings
- 2021-12-21 "Our hydroponic systems use Spacer, prevents excess moisture and proliferation of root diseases"
- 2021-12-16 New hydroponic herbs available in Southeast US
- 2021-12-14 "When folks are given sustainable options, they choose them"
- 2021-12-13 "New formula extends reach of nutrients"
- 2021-12-08 Wokcue brings a taste of modern Asian cuisine to Western supermarket shelves
- 2021-12-07 Clementines are losing their acidity due to climate change
- 2021-11-26 “There’s a foreseeable future with hydroponics in every home”
- 2021-11-23 "Easy to clean Snapeg drip pin deserves more fame"
- 2021-11-18 What a leafy green veg can teach us about the power of the collective
- 2021-11-16 Daily Harvest secures series D Funding
- 2021-11-15 "We have the widest range of dehydrated edible flowers in the world"
- 2021-11-03 Seedless snack peppers latest result of change in breeding programme
- 2021-11-02 Beekenkamp Packaging introduces more efficient growing tray