Technology converts organic wastes into organic fertilizer in just one day

Most people are familiar with making compost from food wastes that can be done at the backyard. Rotten vegetables, fruits, grass and leaves are common ingredients of compost which is then used for home-gardening purpose. They are mixed together with certain moisture level and turned regularly for air flow to the heap. It can take several weeks or even months before they are considered suitable to be used as fertilizer or soil amendments. This is the kind of method we know that has long been practiced since centuries ago.

Biomax Technologies from Singapore uses a similar concept but its patented technology converts organic wastes into organic fertilizer in just one day. What’s more, the quality of fertilizer is at a completely different level from traditional compost because of its rich nutrient and organic matter content. The essential ingredient to this technology is the use of enzymes which break down the wastes at an accelerated rate. However, the use of enzymes alone is not enough to make this process possible. A properly controlled space is required for wastes to be decomposed. That is where Biomax’s digestor comes in and provides temperature, aeration and mixing capabilities for wastes and enzymes. In a simple way, the digestor and enzymes work together to produce fertilizer from waste.

To many, the backyard composting method seems to be economical, but it takes time, space and creates pathogen issues. Fertilizer born by pathogens, if used for plants, can be transferred to plants and once it happens, there is a risk of a serious outbreak. Biomax’s digestor prevents this by heating up the wastes at 80°C – a temperature where even the most notorious pathogens are killed. Because the process takes place under controlled environment, there is no compromise on the quality of fertilizer due to external factors such as weather conditions or mixing efficiency. Moreover, the otherwise occurrence of nutrient loss to the atmosphere is prevented. As a result, the organic fertilizer can retain not only high nutrient level but also organic matter level of more than 70%.

So what happens if the organic matter is high? One of the main benefits is that it can retain nutrients and water, thus promoting the growth of plants while requiring lesser amount of water. It also encourages the microbial activity which then improves the soil fertility. This is particularly important for soils that have been degraded with over application of chemical fertilizers, fungicides and pesticides. While chemical fertilizers cause nutrient leachate (especially nitrates) through soil into groundwater and surrounding water bodies – imposing environmental pollution, organic fertilizer does not create such problem.

Biomax claims that this organic fertilizer can significantly reduce the use of chemical fertilizer without compromising on the yield and in this way, growing large scale plants can be done in a sustainable manner. According to Biomax, the conversion rate of waste into fertilizer is usually 70%. For example, a digestor with 15 tons of input capacity can produce approximately 10 tons of organic fertilizer. The technology has already been used in more than 13 countries around the world, dealing with wastes such as animal manure, horticulture waste, food waste and sewage sludge.

For more information:
Biomax Technologies
Thiri Aung Myint Kyaing (Ms.)
enquiry@biomaxtech.com
www.biomaxtech.com

Publication date:

Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here

Other news in this sector:

Reactions:

I am much inserted, kindly send me your catalog and any available information
Ahmed Hamouda, Hurghada / Red Sea - 2015/10/13 12:12:00.000

please give the proposal and quotation for installing the company .Please send me the detail and costing of this machine
dheena, chennai - 2015/10/04 17:12:43.000

I wish to declear my interest in BIOMAX TECHNOLOGY of producing organic fertilizer. Please, could you funish me with all information to get started.
ASO AWA KALU, PORT HARCOURT - 2015/03/03 23:04:46.000

Pls send me more reading materials about biomax technology of producing organic fertilizer.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Florentin Padayhag
Florentin Padayhag, Cagayan de Oro city - 2014/10/30 13:39:15.000

Hi there, I would like to know as how much is the cost of one machine and its capacity for a day to convert the waste into fertilizer? Besides that, I would like to enquiry the time duration too to convert the waste into a compost.
Calvin chan yi xuan, Penang - 2015/10/27 13:53:21.000

I''m an undergraduate student in bio-science. I am interested in starting a self-employment in producing organic fertilizer from household waste. I would be much thankful if I can be provided with some guidance and sources about where I can learn more about this industry
Manasee Weerathunga, Kandy - 2015/01/18 18:32:38.000

Please send me more information of this product, price, capacity and any other detail.

Best regards,
Oscar Monzon, Guatemala - 2015/09/02 02:43:52.000

Everyone I speak to about this project says it is impossible?

If this works it can be a game changer. I am working with a new concept for Haiti in which the country becomes a large fully organic exporter.

This technology would be perfect. I need to understand it more and I need to understand the pricing.

Please advise.

thanks and regards,

PAW
Peter A. Warren, POMPANO BEACH - 2015/09/08 14:07:24.000

dear sirs,
please help us find a good solution to turn 6,000 tons of city waste in a fertilizer or compost.

jef
note: your infos/email will be sent to the person interested
jef, jakarta - 2015/11/03 04:53:17.000

Please send me the detail and costing of this machine . Please
rohit, kullu - 2015/04/07 09:55:27.000

Pls send reading materials about biomax technology of producing organic fertilizer. I am interested in this technology.
Sachin Sawalkar, Pune - 2015/03/17 07:55:49.000

I need the specifications and quotation for the digester
Srinivas, Hyderabad - 2015/03/06 12:16:21.000

Dear Sir,
I am writing this mail from an NGO called Supporting Hand. I would like to know as how much is the cost of one machine and its capacity.Further is there any discount for NGO
vishwas Sharma, Surat - 2014/11/11 09:44:26.000